Saturday, September 3, 2011

Texas Finale: Sea World, San Antonio

On our final day in TX, we visited Sea World in San Antonio.

Love this picture of Hunter on the way there: conquering the world, one bottle at a time! ;)



Holden and "Shamu"
Similar to Busch Gardens, there was a Sesame World, but it was much more water themed. That was where we sent the majority of our morning. Here we are on the carousel.


The boys and Rosita...I think?? I get some of the newer characters mixed up.


Holden just love the characters! So funny since he used to petrified of them not too long ago!

Good times in Sesame Land...can you imagine being in one of those costumes?! It was over 100 degrees and I was DRIPPING sweat in my shorts!
Grammy, Papa, and the boys with good ol' Grover. (Love how Hunter is looking at him.)


Hunter was in his swim trunks because I was getting him ready for the water area. :)

Family pose with Big Bird!



Four is the perfect age for theme parks. Holden just had a ball. He loved the rides, the characters, climbing the big nets with Daddy, you name it.

I loved watching him have such a good time.
Taking a toddler to theme parks is challenging, I won't deny it. Taking a toddler to a theme park in 100+ temps is an extra challenge. Hunter is truly a little trooper. I included the picture in the top right corner of the collage just so you can see how SWEATY the back of his head was!! He enjoyed sight-seeing and eating ice cubes. He played with wood chips more than he played in the water. He looked cute with his rosy little cheeks. And he will have much more fun next year!



Holden was ALL about the water! I brought his trunks, but he opted to stay in his clothes and get them "really soakin' wet, Mommy!" so that he could walk around wet and stay cooler for awhile. Made sense to me!


One of the highlights of every one's day was the dolphin cove, where you could pet and feed dolphins. So fun! I just love dolphins. They are so friendly and look like they are smiling. Of course if you have food for them, they are extra friendly! Hunter was asleep in the stroller and I am really bummed he missed this. I think he would have loved it! Holden did.


We had to find the sharks for Holden. He is just fascinated with them. There were some really scary ones, too! We also got to watch a diver feeding sting-rays, and he high-fived Holden through the glass.




Holden's hand compared to a Gentoo penguin's foot. He has a little growing to do. :)



We had a great day at Sea World despite the TX heat, and enjoyed a yummy send-off dinner at Aunt Steph and Uncle Kevin's that night, with all kinds of delicious Tex-Mex food. YUM! I wish I would have taken pics there of everyone together. I was too busy enjoying the food and cooling off in the pool. Holden talks about our trip often and asks when we will go back to TX again.


No comments: