Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy 6 year anniversary!

June 19 marks six years since I married my best friend. A lot has changed since then, but not my feelings for him. In fact, I feel that with each passing year, I continue to love him more and for different reasons. Our marriage is definately not perfect, and there are plenty of ups and downs, but at the end of the day, he is my partner for life, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

I was searching for recent pictures of the two of us, and realized they all include the boys! We will have to remedy that soon, but I find it fitting since they are also the loves of our lives. This is the stage of life we are in: Buzz Lightyear underwear and diapers, running after a tricycle and pushing a stroller, wiping up muddy footprints and baby drool, humming the Max and Ruby tune in our sleep (when we get to sleep!), packing 12 bags just to leave the house and then realizing we still forgot an essential item like a pacifier or sippy cup, chasing lightning bugs, making S'mores, playing dinosaurs, firefighters, doctor, policeman, sharks, and whatever else a little boy can imagine, looking like ninnies while making crazy noises that make a baby laugh, thinking we'd be rich if we had a quarter for everytime we heard, "what?" "why?" "Mommy," and "Daddy," and collapsing at night just to do it all over again very early the next morning. I am so glad we are in this together! And truly, I know that for all the craziness life holds at the moment, we will someday really miss all this. We are truly blessed to have each other and our precious boys.

Celebrating Holden's potty success at the "Ho-Castle." (Combination of "hotel" and "castle;" it is not a brothel! )

With our little peanut, Hunter, on a recent summer night.

Happy Anniversary, Jay! I love you! Looking forward to our date night courtesy of Grammy and Papa. :)

No comments: