Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Preschool, here we come!

How in the world my first baby is old enough for preschool, I don't quite know! I've had flashbacks all day: bringing a teeny, tiny baby under 6 lbs home from the hospital, watching him grow, learn to crawl, when he finally took his first steps, his first word in Gulf Shores, Alabama, ("quack quack" at a duck!) :) etc. I just really can't believe it's time for him to be in school. And yet he's SO ready! Today was not one bit hard for him, just for his Mommy. But that made it easier for me.
I took the day off so that we could take him to his first day as a family. Jay has Tuesdays off so it worked out well. Here is my big boy all ready to go.

He loves his Cars backpack! Until today, he had filled it with every possible toy he could cram into it, thinking he would take them all to school with him. I convinced him that we needed to just take his school supplies or he wouldn't be able to walk upright! :)


Love my boys! Hunter was evidently tickled with the notion preschool, too.

Killing time waiting to leave. He got a little truck action in, but he wouldn't get too far from his backpack.

It takes a real man to pull this look off: diaper bag on one shoulder, my purse on the other, on the phone paying a bill before we left. Now that's confidence!

Holden's preschool is at NCWHS. There is a lead teacher, and high school students who are wanting to go into the teaching/childcare field assist. Holden will go to high school there someday as well! It will be cute to put this picture next to a future picture of him as a high schooler...although I don't even want to think about him being THAT big right now!

Posted by Picasa

Walking down the sidewalk to school


He met this little friend, Karen, right away because both of them couldn't wait for their Mommies to leave! Nice!

Heading in to get his nametag.

All lined up to head to class. I love the look the boy behind him is giving me! Ha!

They all looked so cute and little next to the high schoolers!

Some "Simon Says" with the lead teacher, Mrs. Wilson.


Ready to go up the stairs! This was the only time Holden was a little unsure. He wanted me to hold his hand, but I told him I wouldn't be there everyday so he held the railing like the other kiddos. His backpack had all his supplies in it and was weighing him down, but he refused to let us carry it. Such a big boy!

He made it! This is the last picture that I snapped. I wish I would have taken a few in his classroom; it was so cute! His cubby is right by the fish tank, which thrilled him to no end. I helped him find his name and hang it up, and then he informed me that I could LEAVE now. :)

He had a good first day and is looking forward to tomorrow! He did crack me up at his first comments: "Mommy, we sang some songs but I didn't dance," (Why I don't know since he usually loves to dance?) and "We didn't have snack OR use my new glue!!" The things that are important to them. :)

2 comments:

Steph said...

awwwwwwww! Soooooo stinking sweet! I can't believe he is in preschool either! Wow!

The Moser Fam... said...

Cute pictures and so glad he likes preschool! It's neat that high schoolers can be a part of that too!