Saturday, September 25, 2010

My babies...

...are the reason for this blog. Love them!
Hunter will be 6 months on Monday. SIX MONTHS! How is that possible?! He is such a happy little guy. He now has his two bottom teeth as of yesterday (need to get a newer picture; the one on the top left showcases the first one), and I think more must be on the way, because he is a drooling, chewing, chomping mess. He prefers his hands to anything else, and shoves both of them in his mouth. He maintains his easygoing disposition despite his mouth issues, and just wants to be on the go. Loves sitting in his Bumbo seat, watching his big brother, playing in his exersaucer, rolling ALL OVER the room, and attempting to crawl inchworm style; he pushes off with his legs, puts his arms out like Superman, grunts and squeals, and bounces his belly. It is hilarious and adorable at the same time. All you have to do is say his name or talk to him, and his face splits into an enormous grin. He is FINALLY sleeping through the night! It's been a week today of him sleeping 10-11 hours, and I am in heaven with the added sleep! I hadn't realized how differently it feels to function on uniterrupted slumber. :) Here are some recents:

The boys and their Pepaw. Holden loves "helping" him drive the heating and cooling truck around the block. The nieghbors all know he is coming because he is allowed to repeatedly honk the horn as they go. Hunter enjoys their little visits, too.

We went to Steak N' Shake with my parents after church last week. I need to look through Holden's baby pictures, because I know I have very similar ones of him wearing the hat. Hunter definately has his own look now, but it still amazes me sometimes how much they look alike, esp. when they make certain expressions. Holden was cracking me up being goofy for the camera.

I am loving the brother relationship developing between the boys! Hunter recognizes and adores his big brother now, and Holden eats it up! He loves to make him laugh and to "explain" everything to Hunter, who is the perfect listener because he can't talk or crawl away yet. :) In the middle right picture, Hunter had just "slimed" Holden; drooled all over his face. Sometimes I feel bad for Hunter because he has NO personal space whatsoever. Holden is in his face (see bottom left picture) constantly. But it doesn't seem to bother him one bit. I love knowing that they will have each other growing up. Holden told me the other day that he can't wait until they can have a sleepover in his car bed. It made me think of all the special things in store for them as they grow. So fun!

They are my boys. And I wouldn't trade them for a million girls! :)

1 comment:

Steph said...

And you shouldn't want to! THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!! =)