Sunday, February 20, 2011

Holden, Hunter, and Hearts

Last week, I was excited to continue the tradition that my mom started with me as a little girl and that I have enjoyed with Holden. This was Hunter's first year to join in. I decided to put the trail out on Feb. 13th during their nap time since I knew I would be rushed getting ready for school on the 14th and wanted to be able to relax and let them take their time. I told Holden if he took a good nap the trail would be up when he woke up and he got a big grin and told me he would go right to sleep. :) It's fun that he is starting to remember and look forward to things like this. He did poke his head up out of bed several times when I walked by his room to ask just how long he needed to sleep.

Anyone who knows Holden knows that he is less than perky when he first wakes from nap. :) It was a nice change to see him pop right out of bed with a big smile.


I didn't make the trial very far since Hunter can't walk yet. :) I put the boys' treats on the Elmo chair just like I did for Holden last year.

Holden was such a good big brother helping Hunter find his gifts. He knew right away which ones were his and which ones were his little brother's. :) Loved Hunter's reaction to the Gerber Graduates boxes! They are what he eats daily, and he loves his mealtimes. I am all about practical! He saw the pictures of food and was grinning and squealing! Too funny! Holden especially loved his "How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?" book. He has a lot of books in this series and really enjoys them. They are frequent bedtime reading requests. He hopped right up on the couch and asked me to read it to him.

After we looked at his gifts, Holden wanted to follow the trail again "in case he missed any important clues." Ha! Can you tell he is big into Scooby Doo right now? (Note the tissue in hand. Both boys were battling bad colds/ear infections and Holden had pink eye last week! Yuck. We are so ready for spring!)

My slobber doodle eating some hearts

This just makes me smile!

Holden asked if they could please take baths before dinner since one of his gifts was new bathtub crayons. The tub is one of the boys' favorite hangouts this winter. (Isn't his arm tattoo studly?)

Holden's "I have an ornery idea" face

Can you see what his ornery idea is?

Yep, coloring on his brother. Hunter was so busy splashing he didn't even notice!

We celebrated our real Valentine's Day by very romantically taking Holden to gymnastics (where he did exchange valentines with the other kids) and then picking up a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's to cook at home. It was yummy! I didn't get one single picture of Jay and me, but let's face it, the boys are far cuter anyway! We did have a date night this weekend courtesy of my parents. A nice, leisurely dinner that included wine and dessert, no spills, and no one demanding things or throwing food on the floor, followed by the movie, "Just Go With It," which we both enjoyed. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Your blog always makes me laugh, Katie. Loved your heart trail too.