Friday, April 22, 2011

Florida Finale: Everything Else! :)

This post is just an assortment of other pics that I wanted to include but that didn't fit into any particular theme. I had so many "Kodak moments." :)



I love watching my boys play together. When they are not ripping toys out of each other's hands or vying for a position by shoving into each other, they actually do have some sweet moments together. Ha! We took their new Mega Blocks table with us to Florida. It stores he blocks inside and folds up like a suitcase, so it was ideal for travel. I'm glad we brought it because they played with it daily when we were at the condo.



One night, we went to a carnival that was right off the main strip. Jay said that was the most "WT" that we saw the entire trip, but we did have fun. Holden loved all of the kiddie rides, and also enjoyed the bumper cars with Aunt Allie. Jason and Daddy took turns riding on some pretty fast race cars with him. Hunter and I had fun watching the action. I can't wait for next year, when there will be two little boys side by side on the rides.




Car seat pics. The boys spent a lot of time in their seats throughout the week as we traveled to various fun spots. I love turning around and seeing their cute little faces.


My cute baby getting into mischief at the condo.



My cute big boy dancing to the music at one of the restaurants we ate at. The guitarist told me when he finished the song, "This kid needs his own guitar!" :)





This video clip may be a little grainy since it's from my phone, but I wanted to include it. Hunter absolutely loves the water!




I love eating out on vacation! This was at Sloppy Joe's with the whole family.




The boys entertaining themselves before dinner. If I am reading Holden's face right, he was trying to color and Hunter was annoying him. This particular night also brings back the memory of "Hunter's scream." It was the first time he really decided to showcase it for us. The Scream now occurs when he is happy, mad, sad, excited, scared, etc. It is a universal scream and not partial to one particular emotion. It is piercing, obnoxious, and can be heard OVER the loud din of a restaurant like Sloppy Joe's packed with tourists in Florida on Spring Break week, which I would say is about 10 times louder than Chili's on a given night. On this night, it was mostly a happy scream, but embarrassing nonetheless. Thankfully, once the food came he was too busy shoveling it in his mouth to make any more noise.


And until the food came, I found ways to quiet him such as sampling the lemon off some one's glass. Yep, he liked it. Ate the whole thing. The boy is a bottomless pit.






Oh, the fake poop. Paul bought it at a flea market, and we all had a lot of juvenile fun with it during the week. These pics are the first time we tricked Holden with it. We left it on a chair that he had been sitting on, and asked him if he pooped. His expression was priceless, especially when Paul then stuck it in his mouth. I know, we have gross family humor. But it DOES look real, doesn't it?!
Another place that we like to eat at in St. Petersburg is Gators. It has yummy food, a good view of the water, and big, tacky alligators everywhere. Oh yeah, and delivery cars with sharks on them. Allie and Holden broke into one that was parked. See below. :)




I am including this picture for Holden, who now likes to give input into my blog at times. He LOVED watching the bridges go up and down for the boats while we were there. While the rest of the people in the traffic around us were annoyed with being stopped, he would pump his fist and yell, "YESSS!!! The bridge is going up!" Glad we could please you, buddy.




My boys. Love them!


Holden got to hold and pet a baby alligator named "Cupcake." He loved her! He also got to feed some of her siblings. He still talks about Cupcake at home, and many nights in the bathtub we pretend he is her. I have to refer to him as "Cupcake," and pretend to feed him plastic fish. Crack me up.

Putt-putt at Smuggler's Cove. This is the same place we went for Holden's bday, but these pics are from an evening that we went. Golf, ice cream, and feeding alligators. What better place to be?




The "Super Moon" was out during our trip. Personally, I don't think it looked much different than a full moon, but it was beautiful. It was out for at least 3 nights. So pretty over the water!




I could have taken scenery pics all day. I especially loved walking around the condo grounds at sunset and soaking in the gorgeous scenery.







During our stay, Paul bought these glowing thumbs at a magic store. The full humor can only be truly appreciated if you were there to witness his practicing, plotting, and strategizing as to how to perform the best tricks for anyone who would watch, but I did capture a few moments on video. Note how serious he is about it, asking me if the camera is rolling and if I'm ready for him to start. He did do a pretty good job, though. :)





And here he is performing with the thumbs as we head back down the corridor to the condo. What a goofball.
Hunter was Pepaw's little buddy during the week.





I took these last two on our last evening in Florida. Jay, Paul, and I took the boys to a little diner for dinner while Tami and Allie cleaned and got things put back to their original state in the condo. We clearly got the better end of the deal! But they did need the boys out of their hair for anything to get accomplished. We brought dinner back to them. I love the boys in little Hawaiian shirts.





We had a wonderful trip and created so many special memories. We can't wait to go back again next year! (Although I can wait on the drive.) :)

1 comment:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Loved all your pictures, Katie. It makes me want to go. You got such cute pictures of your boys.