Monday, May 30, 2011

Four year/One year checkups

Jay is usually off on Mondays, but he had court to attend, so I took my remaining personal day to hang out with the boys and take them to their four and one year checkups.




Waiting at the Dr.'s office. I know, they have way too many matching shirts. But I just love dressing them alike while I still control the wardrobe! :)







The fish tank is always a big hit.





Holden decided to sit like "the men do" and brush up on his medical info. Crack me up!!!




Waiting in the patient room. The nurse did all of the regular things first; weight, height, an eye test for Holden, head measurements, etc. Kids over 2 get the nifty little gown that you see Holden sporting. Hunter was fine in his diaper. His favorite way to be. I always cringe when they play with the toys in there, because I'm not sure how often they are cleaned between patients. But Dr. Dewey was behind schedule, so we were in there for about a half hour. Luckily they had a grand old time playing and exploring.





Hunter even resorted to playing with the sunblock out of the diaper bag. Holden did some posing in the astronaut gown for me. He is such a skinny minny! :)








The boys' stats in comparison with each other are humorous.



At age 4, Holden weighs 33 lbs and is 39.5 inches tall.



At age 12 mos, Hunter weighed in at 24lbs, and is 31 inches tall.



Yes, there is only a 9lb difference between them, and Hunter is less than a foot shorter than his older by 3 years brother! They are both happy and healthy, and that's all I care about. They were LESS than happy with me by the time we left, though. They both had to get shots...3 for each of them. Holden was particularly ticked off because I had told him that he didn't need any until next year. That is what we had been told at our last appt. Apparently, they have changed the requirements since then, and now have a pneumonia shot that they felt that he should have due to all of his allergy/wheezing issues. And it is required for kindergarten, so if he didn't get them now, he'd have to get SIX shots next year. I just don't think his little body would handle that well. He just kept yelling, "YOU SAID I DIDN'T HAVE TO HAVE ANY!!!!" Hunter did really well with the first two; I gave him his bottle and he flinched but just kept sucking away. The nurse warned me that the third one was pretty painful, and sure enough, he started screaming. By the end I was holding two wailing boys and the nurse was apologizing for upsetting them when they'd been so smiley when she walked in. :) I did have to crack up on the way out. I had them calmed down and we passed the nurse's station, where the said nurse was conversing with another. My sweet baby, Hunter, glared at her, shook his finger, and said, "NO, NO, NO!" He has just recently learned how to "scold" but usually it is reserved for the cats or his brother. Apparently he is not a fan of that woman now.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Random thoughts...
Love the posts. Love the pic of Hunter crying with the ears on and the caption. Hilarious.
Love your wagon...it has a top on it?????? How cool!
I think Ava is about the same weight as Hunter. hehe!