Friday, June 3, 2011

Bday Barrage!

We are very blessed to have lots of awesome little people in our lives. :) We've had a lot of bdays to celebrate lately, so I have combined 4 parties into one post. I need a diet after all of the cake, cupcakes, and cookies I've indulged in during the past few months!


Party #1: Corinne Paige Thompson


Corinne is one of my best friends, Kara's little girl. She turned 2 on April 1st. I feel like Kara just had her! Corinne is a spunky little peanut who is full of energy. She and Holden are very similar, both in size and personality, and giggle a lot together. It has been so fun watching her grow into a little person. Corinne had a Dora the Explorer theme this year. Here are Natalie, the boys, and Corinne ready to start partying.



Some party pics. I love how Kara is completely surrounded by kiddos "helping" to open Corinne's presents. :) Holden and Corinne spent a good amount of party time running in a big lap around the house with balloons. They were so quick that I was able to get ONE shot in which they weren't too blurry and they were both in the frame.



Kara made these cute (and very yummy!) Dora cupcakes,



AND made the purple frosting herself. Too cute!




The bday girl with her #2 cupcake.



I love her little smile as she watches everyone sing to her. :)


The partyers: Holden, Aidan, Natalie, and Corinne





Party #2: Natalie Marie Scott



Natalie is one of my best friends, Bridget's little girl. She turned 3 on April 18th. Natalie is all-girl; princesses, tutus, and tiaras. She and Holden have a love-hate relationship at their current ages; they hug and hold hands one minute, and fight over toys the next. Holden adores her though and nobody better mess with his Natty! Natalie's party was, of course, princess themed.



Here is Miss Natalie in her new big girl bed!





Holden and his girlfriend. (Bridget and I have an arranged marriage in mind.) :)



Could they be any CUTER?!




Kara and I got there a little early to get pics of the kids together. None of the ones with Hunter turned out; he was very crabby during this party and is crying in every one. Corinne, Natalie, and Holden sat very nicely watching Natalie's princess video that her daddy taped when they were in Disney World. As you can see, Natalie was VERY excited about it, and even got up and danced/cheered about it.



What's a princess party without a little dress up? Holden is very secure in his manhood and doesn't shy away from a tiara or two. (Or tutus, necklaces, and heels. Ha!)






Apparently he draws the line at clip-on earrings though. Love the expression! Hunter thoroughly detested the Minnie Mouse ears with veil that Natalie gave me to put on him. These pics should make Daddy feel a little better. ;)


More dancing. I love how Zoe the dog got in on this one.





A little "pin the tiara on the princess" with the other party guests.

And one of the few happy pictures I got of Crabby Pants Hunter. :)




The babies at the party: Atley and Hunter (He's my baby but he looks huge next to her!)




Lauren, Holden, Corinne,and Natalie eating lunch with their tiaras.






Singing happy birthday with 3 candles!


Cutie pie birthday girl! Love her curls!







Birthday Party #3: Ava Cunningham



Ava is another of my good friends, Stephanie's, little girl. She turned 2 in May. Ava is a sweetheart! A little shy and sensitive, very verbal, and the trendiest 2 year old I know. :) Her party was a "milk and cookies" party! So fun!



Here is the bday girl, stylin' it with her big bow and her pink shades, with her mommy and daddy.

Steph goes ALL OUT when she has parties! I look forward to seeing what she does. The theme was cookies and milk, so there was basically a "cookie bar;" jars with all types of cookies, and the old-fashioned milk jugs with white, chocolate, and strawberry milk. There were even flavored straws! I love how her cake even looks like a giant cookie.




Some of the party guests.



My boys enjoying the party. Holden got a squirt gun AND gum in his take home bag. I have always told him you are old enough to chew gum when you go to kindergarten, so Steph really made his day! Ha! He thought he was HOT STUFF. Isn't the "C is for Cookies" sign fun? Holden was real thrilled with it as you can see. :)



Breaking out the party hats with the Cunningham boys.




The bday girl and her cake. She was very interested in those cake pops! (Smart girl!)


She is just too cute for words. She reminds me of a live doll.



Some more pics with the sign.


Opening presents with Mommy and Daddy






Party Number 4: Chase Cunningham


Lastly, my good friend, Annie's littlest guy, Chase, turned 1 in May. Annie and I were preggers together with our youngest boys, and it seems like yesterday to me. I can't believe how quickly time is going. I need it to slow down! Chase is the most laid-back, happy little guy. He is small and wiry and walking like a pro, with the most adorable curls. I love that Hunter already has a best buddy...even if at this age it consists of Hunter biting Chase, and Chase grabbing Hunter's toys and walking away while Hunter stares at him like, "Hmm...how does he do that?" Here are Annie's three blond, blue-eyed cuties, Colin (6), Cade,(3), and Chase. Love these boys!



Some of the little party guests.



The bday boy enjoying some bday moments




Love this of the three Cunningham boys with the cake.


Annie got a new trampoline for Mother's Day. Yes, you read that correctly, it is ANNIE'S trampoline! I love it! She has always wanted one and was "deprived" as a child, so she made Steve buy her one. I for one think she is well-deserving of this as the mother of 3 active boys! Holden and Colin spent a good deal of the party on it.






"Peek a boo!" (Colin's cast, for the record, was not a result of the trampoline. He fell on it while running. He sported two different colors for a total of 6 weeks and just had it taken off. It did not slow him down!)


As much as Hunter loves people, I learned through all of these parties that he gets very overwhelmed with big crowds. That never really bothered Holden. Hunter got very clingy during times at all of these parties. Annie's house was packed with guests, so I took him out back for awhile and he calmed right down and became fascinated with the woodchips and dirt between her little stepping stones. Love his little concentrating face here.



And so ends my birthday barrage. We love celebrating with all of the special kiddos in our lives!





5 comments:

Steph said...

Sooooooooooo cute!! I havent even blogged Ava' b'day yet ;) I love some of your pics and might try to steal them! :)

Katie said...

Steph, I still need to load them to facebook, but then I can tag you in them. :)

Nathan and Megan said...

Ok, I'm going to try to comment & see how it goes. I actually had luck earlier but there wasn't a word verification thing. LOVE the party post. Dang, you've had lots of parties lately! Love keeping up with the Hobsons via your blog!!!

Nathan and Megan said...

YAY IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! Holla!

Katie said...

Crack me up, Megan! Glad it worked. Amy tweaked some things in her settings so I am going to see if that worked.