Thursday, June 30, 2011

Holden's last day of preschool!

I still can't believe Holden has completed his first year of preschool! My baby is growing up way too quickly. He absolutely loved attending NCWHS three days a week this school year. Each night before he went to bed, he'd ask if he had school the next day. If he did, he cheered. If the answer was no, we'd hear, "Awwwww, man!" I hope that he always enjoys school this much. He made a lot of friends and looked forward to seeing them. When I got home each afternoon, he'd tell me who was there and if anyone was missing. He learned and grew so much this year. He had a really hard time the first few weeks that it was over. He missed the other kids, and would ask, "Are you sure I can't go to school anymore, Mommy?" We have kept in touch with his good friend, Catherine, and her brother, Robert, so that helps. On the last day of preschool, the kids got to swim at the high school pool with their high school teachers! So fun! My principal was nice enough to let me leave for an hour so I could attend part of the party. My mom watched Hunter so that Jay and I could both go, and it could be all about Holden.


Here's my big guy, all ready to swim!


Holden and his pal, Catherine.

Lined up to swim with some friends.


Enjoying the pool










Swimming with Emersyn




Holden and Catherine ready to go eat pizza! (She is always dressed like this! Crack me up! Very accessorized and girly.)



I had to head back to my class after the swimming,

so Jay took some pics of the pizza party for me.



Reanne and Holden enjoying their lunch.



One of his high school teachers made him a CD with all of the photos that Holden was in during the year, and another one made the most awesome DVD with photos and video clips set to music. I actually cried when I watched it. I felt like I got to see the highlights of his entire year. Such a special keepsake. He loves watching it, and I know it will help him remember his first special year of school as he grows. Next year he will be attending the 4-PreK class at a church nearby. It will be a little more curricular and structured to prepare him for kindergarten, which I feel he needs. I am excited for him to experience things like field trips, performing in programs, show and tell, etc. I have heard wonderful things about the preschool from friends whose kids have attended. He will go Tues. and Thurs. afternoons, which should help prepare him for going all day the following year and not having naps. We are getting to the point where he does still take naps some days, but other days just rests or can stay up if we are busy. I hope that he will enjoy his new preschool as much as he enjoyed school this past year!

No comments: