Saturday, July 2, 2011

May Mish Mosh

I am plugging away at posts, trying to catch up. :) Almost done with May! Too bad it's only July at the moment. This summer is just FLYING by for me!! Being a teacher, I look at July 4th weekend as kinda the halfway point. I literally was in shock when I realized last week that it was almost upon us! We had a fabulous trip to Texas...can't wait to blog about it! But first, some fun May pics that I didn't want to exclude.


Jay and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on June 19th, while we were in Texas. 7 years! In some ways it seems like yesterday that we walked down the aisle, and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago. So happy to be Mrs. Hobson! :) Since we knew we'd be on vacation, we decided to celebrate on April 30th, which marked 12 years since our first date! Jay surprised me with an overnight to the Marriot in Uptown Normal! His mom stayed with the boys. I feel bad because I kinda gave him a hard time about it. I am not the best person to surprise, since I like to plan and be in charge of things. Hunter had been having a lot of sleeping/ear issues and I was worried about leaving him. Of course he survived without me, and I did really enjoy our little get-away once I was out.


We enjoyed a really yummy dinner at the hotel restaurant. It had the comfiest seats ever! There were pillows all the way around behind us.


I try to get a picture each year in the spring when our tree is flowering. It is such a short period of time that it looks this gorgeous. I got this ONE shot of both boys before Hunter crawled out of the picture. :)



We had cooler weather in the beginning of May. Love these of Hunter in his footy pj's. Holden was "helping" Daddy with yard work, but it was too cold for our little one. He watched with rapt attention for over an hour at the front door.



Mother's Day weekend, the boys and I went to the zoo with Grammy and Papa. It was a really pretty day to enjoy it. (I remembered these pictures today, actually, as we were there with my parents again. We had a heat index of over 100 degrees. We were all a sweaty mess and I did NOT take any pics! Ha!) Love the two below of the boys and their grandparents.


Feeding the goats.

The zoo had a little stage for their "Critter Shows." Holden LOVES to go up there when it is not in use, and make up his own performances, which he often involves all of us in. Hunter enjoyed some walking practice with Papa. (By the way, he has since become a full-fledged walker! He began right before our TX trip, and really took off while we were there.)


My sweet baby boy



Excited about the otters
Holden getting a lift from Grammy and Papa



I can just hear him saying, "Swing me! Again! Again!"

A trip to the Miller Park Zoo would not be complete without a ride on the carousel!
My little scuba diver. Lol! The zoo lab has a dress up area that Holden just loves.

Hunter playing at the park







Papa made Holden's day by treating him to a round of putt-putt golf.



More to come...

1 comment:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Katie, loved your blog. How sweet of Jay to surprise you with an overnight. I've never been to the Marriott in uptown Normal. Was it nice? Also, such cute pictures of your boys. I can't get over how big Hunter is getting. Hope you guys had a ball in Texas.