Friday, July 22, 2011

TX trip part 3: the wedding!

Meghan and Travis were married on June 18th, 2011. (One day before Jay's and my 7th anniversary!) :) The wedding was not until the evening, so we just had a laid-back day at the hotel. Here are some of Hunter's shenanigans in the hotel room. He is such an ornery little stinker! Into everything. I brought along the little high chair from Memaw's and so I could strap him in for meals since he DOES NOT SIT STILL.


We stayed at the Double Tree in Austin, TX. We were very happy with it, especially the warm cookie welcome upon checking in! The pool area was one level down from ours and really nice.

Daddy and the boys



Love this one of Hunter and Daddy!



Grammy and Papa enjoying some pool time with the guys.



Family pic

Pool time fun

After naps, we cleaned up and headed to the resort where the wedding would take place. I am a little biased, but I have never seen two cuter guys in suit and ties!!!! ;)


Way overexposed but I thought it was still cute of the 4 of us.

Holden in the elevator. Future heart breaker.



I love this one of the four of us! We are all looking and smiling, and somehow you can't see the sweat pouring off of us from the TX sun. :)


Jay kept Hunter in one of the relatives' suites while the rest of us headed to the wedding. The setup was beautiful! (And mercifully, very air-conditioned! Ha!) The view behind the bride and groom overlooked Lake Travis. I love the flower petals going up eat side of the aisle! On the left is Travis with a big grin on his face headed up to the front. On the right is the mother of the bride, my aunt Steph, and her son, my cousin, Charlie.


My beautiful cousin, Meghan, and my Uncle Kevin walking her down the aisle.

A rear view of the dress. Gorgeous!


Wedding moments
Holden's viewpoint. :) This was his first wedding, and I'd love to say he was an angel...but he wasn't!! He got bored pretty quickly and was doing typical mortifying boy things like blowing on his arm to make fart noises and then giggling. I was to the point that I was threatening him within an inch of his life with my teeth clenched. Somehow, nobody around us other than Papa and Grammy heard him. He got all of these compliments afterwards about what a good boy he was. Crack me up! I just smiled and politely said thank you, then we had a long talk later about appropriate behavior. It is funny now but I was at my wits' end at the time!

Right after that one of Holden, my camera battery died! I was SO mad at myself for forgetting to charge it! The rest of the pics were taken with my cell phone, and then Jay's when mine died. Lol. Not the best quality but at least I captured the moments. Below is Meghan looking gorgeous. I love her dress, the hair clip, and her bouquet.

The little wedding stinker

Family picture after the wedding-love this one! I wish it wasn't with my phone camera because it's a bit blurry, but it's still one of my favorites. I did coordinate Jay, the boys, and I, but Mom and Dad matched us perfectly, too!


Posing for pictures with our side of the family.



Pre-reception/Reception shots
The boys had a BLAST at the reception! They both loved the dance floor, the singers, and the lights. (Meghan and Travis' initials were on the middle of the dance floor.) :)
Holden was quite taken with this cute little girl. He went out and offered her his hand! At first she played hard to get, but then she warmed up and they danced together. At one point, he lost his shoe, and she brought it to him. One of the singers commented that it was the "modern version of Cinderella." ;) Holden tried to impress her by sliding and doing "the worm" on the dance floor. Takes after his daddy. They entertained everyone who was eating near them.


Reception moments


Cutting the cake! Travis was a baseball player, so the groom's "cake" was actually baseball themed cupcakes.

We wish the Pendleys all the best as they embark on married life together!

We feel so blessed to have been a part of their special day.

Arm farts and all. ;)

No comments: