Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Austin, TX Part 2: Rehearsal Dinner

After catching up on our sleep, we were ready to leave Dallas behind and head to Austin. My cousin, Meghan's rehearsal dinner was that evening, so we needed to get to our new hotel in time to change and then head to the resort.



The boys were placated with Cheetos. Lots of them.


Kept them quiet, if not a little more orange than usual. ;)


Hunter resembles a chipmunk .




At least the crumbs match his shirt.
Hunter + Cheetos = MESS
Good endorsement for baby wipes.



We stopped at the COOLEST McDonald's. Yes, I am probably one of very few people that take pictures in a McD's. But seriously, it was so fun! It was close to the Dallas zoo, so it was all animal themed, and had a really neat play area. We let the boys get some energy out there. Look at the table Grammy and the boys picked.




Some fun pics at McD's




Somehow, we managed to check in to both rooms, (my parents and ours) haul everything in, wrestle two little boys into new clothing, clean ourselves up, and get to the resort on time. In fact, we were a little early; the rehearsal was in progress so we hung out and enjoyed the scenery from my aunt and uncle's balcony until it was over. And took some cute pictures! :)

I picked an orange theme around my dress. Being the only girl of the house, that's usually how we do things. :) Plus the guys already had these cute matching striped shirts. Everyone kept commenting on how we were supporting the Longhorns. Ha! We all know what a big sports person I am. Note sarcasm. I didn't even know those were their colors. Sounded good though!

This is the realistic picture of the bunch. Crack me up!

Cute boys with summer tans...love them!
My three favorite guys.

My cute parents
Mom and me
Goofball Holden with Grammy and Papa
My cute hubby and me




This is so typical Hunter. Crawling across the floor with the bottle hanging out of his mouth. He carries things around this way similar to a puppy dog.

I wanted to get some cute shots of the boys with their grandparents.
These are what I got. Holden is being a goon in every single one of them.
At least they are all happy!


After the rehearsal, we met up with everyone and headed down to the dock to wait for the party boat, which we got to ride to dinner at the Yacht Club. So fun! Holden was so excited. He spotted a turtle just off the dock. The picture on the right is of him pointing to an egg on the deck. I've always heard the expression, "It's hot enough to cook an egg out here," but I've never seen it played out! Apparently someone tested it...and it was pretty fried! It was in the 100's even in the evening.



The party boat arrived and we were off! Holden and I stuck our feet through the rails and let the water splash our feet/ankles to cool us off.

Some pics from the party boat. Travis and Meghan, the bride and groom, are in the middle.
More pics. Despite the heat, we had a great time.


Good drinks, fun people, and beautiful scenery on Lake Travis.
Love this one of Jay and Holden, lost in a serious discussion.
Wonder what they were chatting about?


Some of the houses along the lake were unbelievable!


Jay and I joked about which ones we would choose for our retirement home.


Sandra Bullock has a house somewhere along the lake.



This one was one of my faves, tucked up in the hills.



I think my house could fit in the garage, maybe? Lol




The Yacht Club is at top of the hill; see the building with the opening in the middle?



We had to take an open elevator up the side of the hill to get there. Holden thought it was awesome. I closed my eyes and prayed!!!




Thank you God, my prayers were heard and we made it safely to he top. :)

The rehearsal dinner theme was nautical, with lots of blues and greens. So pretty! It was set up in a pavilion type building outside. Hot, but we had a nice breeze as the sun set. In fact, several times we had to grab our food/napkins/drinks/etc. as they threatened to blow away!


We had breathtaking views overlooking the lake down below. If you look closely at our seating card, you can see that Holden was apparently labeled a "Bourke" (my maiden name) for the evening. :)




Some pics of my parents and the boys enjoying the live band.




The boys had a great time playing around the pavilion area and looking over the balcony. (Which made me nervous!) It was such a nice place.



My cousin, Charlie, just got married to Lisa in May. My mom got to go to the wedding, but I was not able to as I was still in school. I was happy to meet her at the rehearsal dinner. She is truly one of the sweetest people I have ever met. The boys absolutely loved her, too, which sealed the deal in my book. She works with children with cancer, has a contagious laugh, and loves to dance. What's not to like? Here are the newlyweds at our dinner table.


Love this one of Holden. He was really concentrating on a game on my phone. My brother used to stick his tongue out just like this when he was working hard on something. :)
The club had a beautiful infinity pool. It looked like it dropped right over the side of the hills. Holden kept begging to go in. With temps still hovering in the 90's at dusk, I finally relented; with the agreement that he would not get his shorts wet. Yeah...you can see how well that turned out! Ha! He was trying to impress the two little girls in the pool, and that was the end of that.


We had a great evening with family. Stay tuned...next post: the wedding! ;)

5 comments:

Steph said...

Cute post. Love the orange!! =) And Hunter even looks like he is growling in the pic of him crawling around on the floor with his bottle, LOL

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Great pictures, Katie!!!

Nathan and Megan said...

What a beautiful event. Thank you for sharing!!

Katie said...

Ok I don't usually comment on my own posts, but I have NO IDEA why the word,"dress" is underlined, nor why clicking on that word takes you to some kind of belly flattening ad! Hilarious! I don't know how to fix it, either. When I go to edit, the word is not underlined. Anyway, trust me, I have FAR from a nice, flat tummy, so it was unintentional. Cracks me up.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.