Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Fun at the pumpkin patch!

This weekend Holden and I joined Memaw, Aunt Alison, and cousin Chelsey for a day at the pumpkin patch. (See huge post below...needless to say I took my usual millions of pictures.) It was such a gorgeous fall day, and there is a farm right down the road with all kinds of fun activities: hay rack rides, pumpkin decorating, animals, a hay bale maze, corn kernel sandboxes, and of course loads of pumpkins to choose from! Jay was so bummed he had to work so I promised we'd wait to pick out our pumpkins until next week when he can tag along. Now Holden can show him the ropes! As you can see from the pictures he had a blast.

Holden and Mommy

"Hi Ma!" Posing back at home with the pumpkin we decorated.
(Okay, I decorated it...but he handed me all of the craft supplies! When he wasn't trying to eat them.)

Nothing like a little boy and his pumpkin. I didn't get a shot of the next action he took,
which was trying to throw it like a ball. See him eyeing the stem???

See the post below for the full 9 yards! (Remember you can click on the collages to see the pictures close up.)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Isn't the pumpkin patch the best? I thought we were going so early in the fall season, but yours is the third blog that I've read tonight that posted about going to the pumpkin patch! The weather is perfect for it right now. We have to work on Quinn not throwing pumpkins too. Anything remotely round gets thrown these days . . .(:

the cunningham family said...

Looks like so much fun. Your pumpkin is really cute. I bet HOlden liked decorating it with you...even though he tried to roll it. At least he didn't eat it.

The Moser Fam... said...

Adorable pictures! :) You are such an artist..that pumpkin is lovely! :) Pumpkins do make great balls...until the hit the ground!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Owen tried to throw his to me too like a ball! Looks like Holden had a great time at the pumpkin farm! Such a cutie pie!