Monday, October 13, 2008

Purses, Pumpkins, and Paper!

Toilet paper, to be exact. Which is the "birthday present" that Holden created in the bathroom for me this morning! He actually led me to it from bed...taking my hand, smiling, and saying, "Here go!" (His version of "here you go.") So naturally, being a gracious recipient, there was nothing to do but laugh and tell him "thank you." Oh yeah, and then prevent him from flushing it all down the toilet, which was what he wanted to do next. =o)

I am 29 today! I will not be getting any older after this year....we will just keep celebrating 29. Jay and Holden took me to the mall to pick out a new purse. Holden discovered he really enjoys picking out purses, too, and carrying them around on his shoulder like Mommy. And looking at headbands. Daddy was not too happy. Holden helped Jay pick out my card. He took this very seriously as you can see. Until he found the vacuums. If you know Holden well, you know he is obscessed with vacuums. So this was like the jackpot for him. He kept pointing for us to get one for him! He also sat by Daddy and pretended to get a massage, and enjoyed riding the little ice cream truck. And I really like my new purse!



Later this morning, we headed back to Rader's pumpkin patch with my parents. It was a warm but overcast day, which was nice because it wasn't too hot. Holden was getting tired and wasn't too smiley for these pictures, but they still turned out pretty cute. Holden fell asleep on the way home with his head bent almost to his lap. He doesn't look very comfortable to me, but when I tried to move his head he put it right back down!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope it was great! Lovely new purse and beautiful toliet paper display Holden left for you! :) Nothing says "I love you" like a mess of toliet paper on the floor! :) Cute pictures!

the cunningham family said...

Happy BIrthday! Looks like Holden left you a nice present...that you most likely had to pick up! :) Glad you got to have your birthday and day off when Jay was home so you could celebrate it together with holden! As always, Rader's is lots of fun! My boys loved it there. You were smart to go back again...so much entertainment there!