Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Holden's 2nd birthday party!

Holden had a BLAST this year celebrating his 2nd birthday at Godfather's Pizza! It is amazing how different it was from last year; he understood what was happening and was so excited about everything. What a fun age! His party wasn't until 5:30pm, so he talked nonstop all day about "cake," "balloons," "balls," (there is a ball pit at Godfather's) and "toys." He kept mentioning his friends' names that he knew would be there. We took him to pick up balloons and I thought he was going to have a heart attack he was so thrilled! He kept saying, "My balloons! My Giggles (for Wiggles) balloons! My party!" He also helped us pick out a number 2 candle for his cake, and he started blowing and saying "cake" immediately, wanting to blow it out. We had a little issue when we got home and he realized he didn't get to do it right then. :) In order to get him to take a nap, I had to sing the "Happy Birthday song" to him in his rocking chair.
Godfather's was extremely crowded, as there were 2 other parties going on, but everyone had a good time and nobody got killed in the overcrowded ball pit! (Although thank goodness for Aunt Allison and Holden's cousins, Kelsey and Chelsey, who periodically weeded out toddlers who were basically drowning in the balls.) Thanks for the help, girls! The party was a Wiggles theme since Holden is absolutely in love with them right now. I had to order the plates, napkins, hats, (which Holden wouldn't wear; go figure!), his balloon, etc. from their "Wiggly website" and have them shipped from Australia! They don't sell them around here due to copyright issues. Leave it to my kid to be high maintenance without even trying. :) A local bakery did his cake, and the lady did a really cute job with the frosting. There's a picture of it below. My favorite memory of the party is when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He kept looking around at everyone with a huge grin on his face, realizing they were all singing to him. And he blew out his candle all by himself, and fed himself his cake with a fork. He is such a big boy. Sigh.
Here's my little "Party Starter!" I found his shirt at Children's Place.


Family picture before we left the house. I went with an orange color scheme to match his shirt. I know I am a dork to plan that! :)

Here are some shots of Holden enjoying his party, and a few playing with his balloons at home. Remember you can click on the collages to make them bigger.


We are fortunate to have so many special friends and family in our lives. Thanks everyone, for helping us celebrate Holden's big day!

We are leaving tomorrow right after school for Destin, Florida! I took Friday off so that we could caravan with Jay's parents, little sis, and her friend. We will drive through the night and Friday we will be...ON THE BEACH!!!!! Can't wait! Now if I can just get my packing and sub plans done! Tami is bringing her laptop, so if I can, I will blog a few pics while we are down there.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Stille's said...

Looks like a fun party glad he had a good time. Have fun in florida!!

Samantha said...

You did a great job on the party! And you're not a dork--I plan things like coordinated shirts too. :) (Or maybe we're both dorks?!) I remember the ball pit at Godfather's when I was a kid too! Have a great time in Florida. I so wish we were there right now too. Happy Birthday, Holden! Welcome to the wonderful world of two year olds!

The Moser Fam... said...

Wow..that's some party! Looks like a blast though. Happy Birthday, Holden! Enjoy Florida (I think I see a little sun on your face already...hitting up the tanning bed, eh? I'm jealous!)!!