Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Good Friday greetings! Make sure to check out Destin post #2 below this one as well. :)
Holden and I decorated eggs together on Tuesday. He is at such a fun age right now. He's really understanding things, and able to enjoy new activities now that he's becoming "a big boy." He was thrilled when I told him what we were going to do. He kept saying, "I color eggs! I coloring!" I wondered how it would go since he has issues with his hands getting dirty. He couldn't have cared less! He was pure excitement. Each time we put a color tablet in and it started to fizz, he's yell, "OOH!" and "WOW!" and clap his little hands. Some of his expressions in these pictures are a riot. He was so intrigued by the process. He was adamant about putting the eggs in on his own and using the dipper himself, which needless to say led to some messy moments. These are the kinds of things I looked forward to doing as a Mommy. Now if I could only get him to EAT any form of eggs....maybe next year?

Holden's masterpieces. I think they turned out pretty well for a 2 year old! The cracks and dents are a result of the "gentle" way in which he basically threw them into the cups. :)

I leave you with one of my favorite songs for this time of year. The video montage was shown at church a few weeks ago, and I thought it was so neat to see the crosses from all different parts of the world. I am generally a "quiet believer;" people know what I believe, but I don't want to push my beliefs onto others or come across as preachy. I try to lead by example but I am so FAR from perfect that I don't always achieve that goal. Good Friday is what that's all about: Christ died for me so that I don't have to worry about being perfect. He loves me just the way I am; enough to suffer so that I can live eternally. When I think about what He did for me on this day so many years ago, it takes my breath away.
(Click "pause" on our playlist to the right so you can hear the song.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: