Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Monday Memos

I'm still working away at Destin post #2! Meanwhile, a few happenings/thoughts from the weekend and today:
  • We had a hailstorm Sunday morning before church. Holden heard the commotion and ran to the sliding glass door in our kitchen. His mouth opened wide and he yelled, "MOMMY, IT'S RAININ' BALLS!!!!!" :)
  • Corinne Paige, my friend Kara's new little one, made it home on Saturday. I swear she grows and changes every time I see her. Mommy and baby are doing well...Mommy is just a little tired right now! My friend, Bridget (blog on the right) posted some cute pics of the three of us and our babies from last year and this. I am going to have to copy her idea and add Holden's birth, since she couldn't find it. It's fun to compare the difference in each year!
  • You gotta love Illinois when you wake up like I did this morning, to discover snow covering everything IN APRIL! It's also really fun if your child's riding/outdoor toys take up so much of the garage during the winter months that you only have room for one vehicle in the garage, and it's your turn to scrape the one on the street, which resembles a giant white cupcake. I am really missing Florida...
  • Jay took Holden in for his 2 year appt. and shots this morning. I am thankful that he has this job, and not me. I don't do well holding him down for the shots! My little string bean is in the whopping 13th percentile for his 25.5 weight (shocking, I know!) but close to the 50th percentile for height. It's that long torso; he has the shortest little legs!
  • I can't believe ER is over. I was 5 episodes behind, so I had a marathon this weekend, ending with the series finale. I have watched every single episode for 15 years. Is it totally pathetic that I feel like I know the characters and thus am losing friends?! (Don't answer that! Please!)

On the upside, only three days of school this week with the kiddos. We have an institute day Thursday, and are off for Good Friday. I'm looking forward to decorating eggs with Holden tonight. And there are only 7 weeks and 3 days left of school after this week. Not that I'm counting or anything...! I love my job, but I love summer more. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those are cute pictures of you girls that Bridget posted! Congrats to Kara!

7 weeks and 3 days left of work?! I wish I could count down like that at my job! haha! Either way, I'm ready for the snow and hail to be gone and for summer to start!!