Saturday, August 22, 2009

St. Louis post #3 City Museum

I'm slowly but surely making my way through our St. Louis posts! On our second day there, we headed to the City Museum. It was an extremely HOT, humid day, so we thought spending some time indoors sounded like a good idea. If you haven't been to this museum, I highly recommend it. Holden is still on the young side for it, but he still loved his time there and we look forward to doing much more with him there when he is bigger.
The ball pit was a big hit. Look how little he looks!

Holden was thrilled with this room. It reminded me of a skate-board park or something, but you just climbed up and slid down the hills with your body. There were all these little secret tunnels to crawl through, and he was the perfect size for them. He had no fear, and Jay had a blast with him. Grammy, Papa, and I had fun watching.

Some random shots from our visit. We were busy!


Posted by Picasa

LOVE this shot of Holden and Papa!

Couldn't pass up my favorite cop standing under the donuts sign! Hee hee!

Umm...I am sure his buddies would have lots of comments for this photo that probably aren't G-rated, so we'll just leave it at that!

After napping at the hotel, we headed to the Landings area for a yummy dinner at The Spaghetti Factory. I LOVE that place! My parents had never been there, and I knew they'd enjoy the atmosphere. Jay is not a big fan because he always has to wait when we are there, and apparently he had a bad experience with the spaghetti. Of course it took forever for each course to come (they were busy!) so he enjoyed making comments to me throughout the meal about it. Too bad, I thought the food was worth the wait! :) I love that you get bread, a salad, an entree, and spumoni ice cream all in one meal. Holden was a bit of a pill at dinner (he has his Daddy's patience!) but did enjoy the balloonist, who made him a bunny at his request. There is an elevator at the restaurant and poor Papa went up and down it about 500 times with Holden during courses.

We capped off the evening at the hotel pool. Holden's latest joy in life is jumping in off the side, climbing back out, jumping in, climbing out, jumping in...I am sure you get the drill. It is hilarious because he HATES getting his head wet so he has to make sure Daddy will catch him, and reminds us about a million times, "Holden not go under, okay?" Thank goodness for those water wings.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steph said...

yes...love the pic of Jay! haha

the cunningham family said...

fun, fun, fun! Jay is such a kid at heart! holden looks like he is having lots of fun!