Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car...

If you have a young child, I am sure I don't have to tell you who these guys are...!!!

Yes, we had the pleasure of meeting the Wiggles tonight! Jay's mom ("Memaw") won tickets to the show on WBNQ, and it included a meet and greet! We have been immersed in all things Wiggles since Holden was around the age of 1. I kept trying to explain to him that he got to actually see them, but I think he was probably just picturing watching a movie of them or something. His little eyes were like saucers when they came out! We met Jeff, Anthony, Sam, and Captain Feathersword before the show. Murray apparently was having wardrobe malfunctions, so he wasn't available, but Holden didn't even notice he was missing. I have to admit, I was a little starstruck myself!

The guys were just so genuinely NICE. We were so impressed with how they took the time to personally greet and speak with each child, learn their names, and give them "wiggly fingers" and high fives. They even had some "wiggly dancers" on hand that took every one's cameras when it was their turn, and took several great pictures for us for free. They didn't rush at all, and at one point Anthony even said, "Oh, take that one again, the flash didn't go off." Just some really cool guys. (Jay might argue with the "cool" part, but you know what I mean! Ha!) The dancers commented on Holden's name. Apparently there is a car made in Australia called "the Holden." :) I just loved listening to their accents!


Holden was the very first child to meet them. Afterwards, we watched them greet the 10 or so other kids that were at the meet and greet. Can you tell by his face he is just awestruck? He just sat and stared at them!


While waiting to go into the meet and greet, Holden befriended a really sweet 6 year old boy named Trevor. Afterwards, we headed to make a few purchases at the vendors. The boys ended up with matching shirts. (Memaw also bought Holden the backpack that he was obsessed with! Holden and his backpacks.) Trevor's mom and I got a few pictures of them together. Holden even taught Trevor how to give "pounds." :)

We had ample time to find our seats before the crowds and grab some food while we waited for the show. Holden was very interested in the big stage and insisted on wearing his new backpack for awhile. We saw some familiar faces...the Cunninghams were only a few rows back from us! (Colin did NOT want his picture taken at this time. Personally I think they should make a Christmas card out of it. Ha! I did see him dancing with a delighted smile on his face during the show.)

And then...the show began! We were up pretty high, so some of these individual shots are pretty blurry, but you get the idea.

I was thrilled when they drove out in the signature big red car! As you can see, Jeff is sleeping. Holden was just delighted to yell, "Wake up, Jeff!" with the crowd.

They really put on a great show. They sang some of their new songs, but also did a lot of the crowd pleasers that everyone knows. The show was very interactive and allowed for kids to stand up, dance, do hand motions, and yell things to the cast. Perfect for little kids.

I thought it was neat that each member made a point of coming out into the audience. Murray was in our section and he got pretty close! They also took time to read signs people had made in the audience and comment on them.

I love these shots Tami took of Holden and me. We both had so much fun dancing and singing along to the music!

Here a few grainy video clips I took of two of our favorites: "The Big Red Car" song, and "Fruit Salad." I dare you not to sing along!

3 comments:

Steph said...

OK, so I LOVE this post! I thought of you guys when I heard the commercial on the radio for the Wiggles today! I don't know a thing about them but how cool you got to meet them--I had forgotten that. ;)

the cunningham family said...

We had a "wiggly" time too! :) Colin didn't understand why we didn't get the extra tickets to meet them. He was disappointed when he couldn't talk to them. Funny! He hasn't even watched the Wiggles for over a year or so. HE remembered all the songs though...and so did I! He didn't want his pic taken because he was so sad he couldn't come sit by you guys. He had tears in his eyes. The whole assigned seats thing doesn't mean anything to him yet!! Thanks for the chicken last night. The boys and Steve ate it. Steve really thanked you since he didn't have lunch or dinner yet!! :)

The Stille's said...

wow how cool...it looks like so much fun. I bet he is still talking about it