Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun Sept. Weekends!

This is actually 4 posts in the making, and you know me...that means a picture overload! You've been forewarned. Now that school has resumed, I have to take blogging moments when I can get them. :)

We have been keeping busy on our weekends, making the most of the beautiful weather while it lasts. A few weekends ago, Mom and I took Holden to the Ropp Dairy Farm down the road. I haven't been there in years. I was amazed at how much smaller it seemed to me as an adult! Our perspective changes so much. Holden was really excited to get to see cows, among other animals. That morning, he kept singing, "Old Macdonald." He cracks me up because instead of singing, "With a moo moo here...a moo moo there.." he says, "Cows are here! Cows are here!"
He loved petting goats, seeing the baby cows, and observing the llamas. (He was too afraid to touch them although they were very friendly.) :) He was petrified but fascinated by this giant turkey waddling around, stealing the baby cows' food. He made Mom carry him right up close to it, but then stuck to her like glue. That's why he looks so scared in the picture of her and him by the cow; the turkey was nearby!


He also enjoyed watching cheese being made through the observation window.

And he and Grammy were visited by a friendly barn cat while I enjoyed my dairy fresh ice cream across from them! (Holden is not a big ice cream fan. I don't know how I birthed him.)



The big tractor was the highlight of his day! He looks so tiny up there!

Can you hear him saying, "Vroom! Vroom!" ??


That Sunday was the annual Sutter family reunion. The Sutters are Jay's cousins, and Holden and I always enjoy going to Miller Park to eat, see relatives, and enjoy the zoo/park. Here are some cute faces from this year:


I loved how Holden walked through the zoo with his hands in his back pockets! I love me a little boy in bibs.



"Driving" at the park
The following Saturday was "Airport Days" at the local airport. Grammy and Papa came with us. It was a gorgeous day to be outside!



This was our first time at Airport Days, and definitely won't be our last! What little boy would not love climbing in all kinds of planes and helicopters? Holden was in hog heaven. So was my dad! You can just barely see Holden's little head peeking out here.


A fun day to be a boy! (Or a boy's Mommy!)

The whole group in the Vietnam helicopter. It was in charge of "smoking out" large jungle areas so the enemy couldn't see.

Holden and Papa waiting for their turn in the cockpit.




"Finally! A plane my size!"



Look at the gleam in his eyes.






Watching the airport firetruck with Papa.




This picture somehow resulted in his face being way too bright, but I love how little he looks in the Army plane!



He was excited to try on the helmet.


This is him watching his balloon being made. He had such a fun day!


Continuing our "fun to be a boy day," we headed to a local fire station that was having an open house. Holden is fascinated with fire trucks. He was thrilled!



It was a very hands-on day. He got to climb on all the fire trucks and also an ambulance.



They gave him his own fire hat (And complimented him on his shirt.) :)


Papa helped him climb way up high on the big ladder truck.


The thing he still talks about the most is getting to spray the hose! He pulled the big lever all by himself, while a firefighter helped him aim. :)



"If I could walk in your boots..."


It was such a fun day, and boy did he nap hard that afternoon after all the action!

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Wow...you've been busy! Looks like such fun for a little boy! When do we get a belly shot? :) Are you showing yet? :)

Heather said...

katie, those pictures are ADORABLE! I love how excited he gets. Those eyes get so big. I don't get to see little boy events as we play tea party and princess a lot ;) I also want to see some belly shots. LOL.

Steph said...

Adorable!