Saturday, November 14, 2009

Look who we saw today!

SANTA!!!! What a difference a year makes. Holden was petrified last year...this year he loves him and couldn't wait to see him and ask for "trucks and diggers." He kept mentioning to me that Santa must have come with his reindeer. I think he was wondering where they were. :)

Downtown Normal has had a major face lift in the past few years, and was just recently completed. Its new name is "Uptown Normal," and it has cute little sidewalk shops, new restaurants and cafes, a beautiful hotel, and of course Holden's beloved Discovery Museum. They had a holiday grand opening this weekend with Santa walking around the area, horse-drawn carriage rides, and carolers. The weather was balmy in the upper 60's, and we didn't even need coats! Holden wanted to "look nice" for Santa. I let him choose from some cute Christmas shirts, and he picked his fancy vest and button down shirt and let me dress him without complaint. :)

Holden, Memaw, and Santa

Memaw, Papa, and Grammy rode on the carriage ride with us. Holden enjoyed it, but was busy trying to spot Santa the whole time. :)

I snapped these in the van while we were in a McDonald's drive-through. I love how he sits like Mr. Suave with his hands behind his head. He was being goofy and kicking my seat and I would turn around and pretend I was mad. I love his little giggly face!

I just thought the following pictures were cute in his little Christmas outfit. He is such a typical boy, pushing his trucks along the walkway on our way back to the van. (He conned them out of Memaw at the museum gift shop.) :)



Posted by Picasa


'Tis the season!! It starts early around here. I have never minded because I LOVE the holidays so much. They are extra fun with an excited little boy around!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Dear Holden,
PaPa and I had fun riding in the carriage with you yesterday and seeing Santa Claus!

Looks like you had fun with the trucks MeeMaw bought you at the Museum!:)

It will be a fun holiday season this year!

Love,
Grammy

The Stille's said...

he' getting so big...he looks ready to be a big brother