Sunday, November 1, 2009

Northpoint parade and party


The elementary school that I teach at has a Halloween parade and then classroom parties each year. Holden has come every year since he was 7 months old. He LOVES visiting Mommy's school and "seeing the kids." He always begs to come to school with me and to wear his little Nike backpack. For a solid week leading up to it, all he talked about was when he could come to "Mommy's party." I am so thankful he recovered from being sick in time to come. I honestly think he enjoyed it as much if not more so than actual Halloween night!

Here we are together: Scooby and Daphne...what a pair!


My costume was HIDEOUS! Nothing like a little false advertising...it looked NOTHING like the picture on the bag! Ha! I'm glad he was there with me so people figured out who I was. :)



Here's the whole group. I just love seeing the kids all decked out in their costumes each year. It is such a fun day for them! My TA, Courtney, was a witch. One of the boys made her day by saying, "I know what you are....a MODEL!" (Note: nobody said that to me! Ha!)



The proverbial goofy shot.




Some shots around the building: my TA and me, my good friend, Annie (Dorothy) and me, and my principal, who thrilled Holden to no end by dressing as Scotty from Imagination Movers! Holden actually ran up and ASKED for me to take a picture of the two of them. :) There are also two of Holden and me walking in the parade. He thought he was a little celebrity because so many of my former students were saying hi to him. He walked and waved at everyone and thought he was pretty cool.

Back in the classroom, he plopped down at a student's desk and proceeded to be "just one of the guys." I love how good the kids all are to him! This little group had him laughing hysterically, helped him drink his juice box, and offered him extra treats.

Sneaking treats off the table, trying to see if there's anything special in the pumpkin, and enjoying a wagon ride with one of my students' little brothers.

How cute are the two of them?! One of my students didn't want to play the games, so he asked if he could pull Holden and this sweet little brother of one of my kids around in the wagon. (Don't you love the little guy's curls?? His mom said she just can't bear to cut them yet and I don't blame her!) They were two peas in a pod.

It was a bittersweet day as I couldn't help but thinking about the fact that we won't be there next year. Some of you already know, but they are building a new school in the area, and due to Northpoint losing some kids to go there, they cut each grade level down one class. I was the fifth class, so I got cut for first. I am in the process of interviewing and am guaranteed a job someplace, I just don't know where or what grade level yet. I love Northpoint and always thought I'd be there until I retired. God must have other plans for me, and I am trying to be patient and calm with that knowledge. I am not a person who likes change! Next year we will hopefully be enjoying a new celebration with new special kids.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

love the costume..you look great as a red head. I always say everything happens for a reason so whatever happens it will be ok