Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Festival of Trees


Papa, Grammy, and Memaw accompanied Holden and me to the Festival of Trees this past weekend. It is put on by the Baby Fold, which helps foster children. There are tons of beautiful trees which are auctioned off to raise money for the Baby Fold. There is a gingerbread lane full of elaborately decorated gingerbread houses and buildings, and then there is "Jingle Bell Junction," which is an area just for kids. It was a fun day for a great cause!

Holden was excited to see all of the trees and lights. He chose to wear his Polar Express shirt for the occasion. :)




Santa was there! Holden waited in line and hopped right up on his lap to tell him he wants "Diggers" (his version for all trucks) for Christmas.



There was a little train for the kids to ride. Holden rode 4 times, and would have gone continuously if I would have let him! It was really fast, and I loved watching him laugh as he whipped around the corners.




I love these pictures! There was a life-size nativity complete with shepherd outfits for kids to try on. I think Holden makes a pretty cute little shepherd boy!


Admiring the huge tree and scaring Mommy by playing with the breakable ornaments!!

Look how tiny he is at the bottom of the tree!

We ended the day with a mutual favorite; frosted sugar cookies! Holden ate all the frosting first, then the cookie. :)


Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am cooking at my place for our parents and siblings. (My brother joked that he will have Pizza Hut on speed-dial! Ha!) If I can just get the turkey figured out, I think it will be a special day. I am sure there will be plenty of new pictures to post soon! We have so much to be thankful for.>

2 comments:

Steph said...

So cute!
Good luck with the turkey! It'll be yummy!

The Stille's said...

love the santa picture...I don't think lauren will make it on Santa's lap this year