Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

We have so much to be thankful for in the Hobson household. A happy, healthy, on-the-go little boy, a healthy baby boy on the way, family, friends, and faith are just a few of the things that top my list. This year we had Thanksgiving at our house. My parents, brother, Eric, Jay's parents, his sister, Allison, and his grandpa all joined us. It was a really nice, laid-back day. We had dinner in the evening since Jay had to work until 3:00. I think we are planning to do it at our house again next year. A lot of the food was prepared in advance, Holden had his normal nap schedule, and we weren't running around to different houses. I loved it!

One of the things I am most thankful for in the world is my little turkey, Holden. :)

You may remember his outfit from last year...new pants, but the same onesie still fit! He's such a string bean. At least we got a lot of use out of it!

We walked down to Memaw's in the morning, and Holden thoroughly enjoyed watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on the big screen. He waved at people, oohed and ahhed at the balloons, and screeched with excitement. Every time there was a commercial break he'd say, "OH NO! The balloons are GONE!" The child is very used to the DVR. :)

Jay and me with the turkey. I was so proud it turned out fine! Even though his mom came down and did all of the work getting it ready. I just provided the oven. :)

My dad has always been the resident turkey carver, and relishes his role.

Some snapshots of the family. Memaw and Grammy were eyeing the black Friday ads!

Holden had a blast sliding down the stairs with Memaw, and playing "swing and slide" on the kitchen floor with her and Pepaw. :)


I had to post a picture of Holden's Thanksgiving dinner: Cheetos, chicken fries, and peanuts. Notice the lovely orange/brown color palette. The kid doesn't know what he's missing!

Family picture. Hope everyone else had a very happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grammy said...

So thankful for this blog spot. It is fun to see the pictures and posts. Thanks for the good food and fun time at your place Thanksgiving day!