Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve with the Bourke gang

We headed up to River Forest, IL with my parents on Christmas Eve to my Aunt Mary's house. We picked up Uncle Eric (my brother) on the way. My dad's family is huge...thank goodness Aunt Mary's house is spacious because we take up a lot of room! This isn't even all of us, but it's who was around at the time of the group picture. My dad is one of 6 kids, and 4 of them have kids of their own. There were also some of his cousins and our second cousins there, plus my grandma. Holden is the first great grandchild.



Had to zoom in on this one because it cracks me up. Do you see why??


Holden, being the only child there, was spoiled rotten. Here he is with his Great Uncle Dave...




...and Great Uncle Joe...

...and Uncle Eric!



My little man enjoying the sights and sounds of Christmas. He had so much fun with all of his new toys, plus just exploring his Great Aunt Mary's house, which was thoroughly decked out for Christmas. There were a few times I actually lost him in the house! Guess that's why God gave us a small, cozy one. :)



I find this picture hysterical! He was sitting in the living room, enjoying his goldfish. My aunt is an artist and has huge paintings, both her own and others' pieces, hanging everywhere. He had just noticed a big painting with a person wearing a pretty scary mask. He pointed and said, "I don't LIKE dat picture, Mommy!" Guess he isn't quite up to appreciating fine art yet. :)


Some of the faces of my extended family. It was so good to see everyone! Check out Aunt Mary's apron. :)




These pictures are so precious to me. Holden took great delight in bringing his Great Grandma Bourke all of her gifts and helping her open them. We don't get to see her nearly as often as I'd like, and he just warmed right up to her anyway and let her love on him. Grandma does not like getting her picture taken but she was so happy to enjoy Holden that I didn't hear one complaint, and got a genuine smile out of her. :)



Jay and me enjoying a rare quiet moment. (Holden was busy getting spoiled by the uncles.) :)



See what I mean? This was a game with his Great Uncle Bob that involved throwing couch pillows and lots of giggling.





What you DON'T see in this picture is that Great Uncle Joe and Great Uncle Bob are swinging Holden directly over a lit candle!! I heard my mom gasp and realized why after taking this shot!! We quickly re-routed this little game after that discovery! Ha! Those Bourke boys just love to live on the wild side.


Love this picture of the three of us!




Holden adored Aunt Mary's little maltese, "Jackie." Do you see how she is winking at me here?



Mary's beautiful tree. We had a wonderful time with all of our Bourke family members!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Merry Christmas! :) Holden is so cute! I love his little personality!