Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Walkin' in a winter wonderland!

I am slowly but surely catching up on posts! We have had so many fun days lately, which of course means pictures galore for me. :) Be prepared: I just couldn't narrow our snowy day pictures down well, so there are a lot of them! There's something about little kids all bundled up in their snow gear that is just so adorable! Holden always reminds me of "Ralphie" from "A Christmas Story." We had our first dusting of snow the other night, and when Holden woke from his nap, we went out to play even though it was already pretty dark. His buddy, Brady, was outside as well, and they had fun playing together.

Some action shots of my little Eskimo. I have no idea where he learned to do snow angels, or if it was just some innate thing he figured out! :) I've never taught him because he was too little last year. He loves books, so I am guessing maybe there was a snow angel scene in one of them?

Brady's baby sister, Kylie (Holden calls her "Ky Ky") watched the action with rapt attention from the front door. I love the reflection of the Christmas lights!

We really didn't get much snow, but the boys are so little that it was thrilling to them!

Brady's daddy, Mike, and Jay are old friends dating back to the Jr. High days. It is so fun having them right down the street from us. Mike's wife, Kam, babysits for Holden three days a week during the school year. As you can see, Mike and Jay still seem to think they are IN Jr. High...ha! They are like two little kids together.

Here are some pictures of the next day. We took Holden down to the end of our street, where there is a detention basin. It was the perfect place to sled!

Getting some mitten assistance. I love their footprint trail in the snow!

My snow baby.

Sledding with Daddy. He LOVED it, but realized pretty quickly that once you sled down, you have to climb back up! The hill was tedious for him, but he wanted to do it on his own. He ended up crawling up the hill. :) They also had some snowball fights.

Sledding with Mommy! Do you like my makeshift snow pants? I pulled Jay's thick fleece pants over my own sweats. They came all the way up to my chest! Lol! Jay had a field day about my likeness to Urkle, but I was toasty warm!

Walking with Daddy

Back home, Holden did not want to go inside. Jay went in to get some things done, and Holden and I spent another good hour playing out front. He's so like me when I was little; my brother and I would be out the entire day and only come in for meals or when Mom said it was time to warm up. His little nose was red as a cherry!

Driving lessons?? We took the van down to the detention basin since it was slick to walk down the street. Holden decided to try out the driver's seat.

The back suits him better! He thinks it is so cool when we drive down the street and he doesn't have to sit in his car seat.

Holden and our inflatable "Frosty."

The snow was not good for packing, but I was determined to make a little snowman.

Jay discovered I had used rocks from the landscaping for the face and buttons. He promptly and gleefully pulled them all off, saying he'd mow over them in the spring. Scrooge!

So Holden and I resorted to plan B: Spice drops! :) I think they are more colorful, anyway.

This picture just cracks me up. He was SO tired and really annoyed that he couldn't get the snow pants off himself!!

Finally, two video clips from "The Adventures of Holden and Brady in the Snow." :)

1 comment:

Our Kids said...

You will have to tell Holden that...once upon a time...I used to go sledding in that same detention basin!! I helped to break it in for him! It looks like you all had a blast in the snow...We are super excited about all the fresh flakes that are headed down now!