Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day!!!

"Know why we are so smiley in these pictures? 'Cuz Mommy got the day off school on account of all the snow we got overnight! I was so excited when I woke up!"


These are some pictures Mommy took of our front and backyard. Our grill looks like a big cupcake! We got between 6-8 inches.



It was fun to sleep in and watch my favorite cartoon, "Max and Ruby," in my pj's. I kept asking to peek out the front door to see all the snow.



I watched our neighbors shoveling and using their snow blowers. Some of them waved at me.


Mommy kept taking pictures with the new camera Daddy got her. That lady is crazy with her camera, I tell ya! I thought it was funny to run away and laugh at her.

After breakfast, we finally got to go outside! It is really cold here in Illinois. The high for the day was 17, and Mommy said something about a wind chill factor. Whatever that is, it made it in the negatives. So we bundled up like Eskimos. I kept complaining that I was HOT while we were inside because Hunter is getting big in Mommy's tummy and she is a slowpoke getting her stuff on!


I love to explore and play in the snow! Our yard had snow so deep it swallowed me up.

I decided to be helpful and clean Daddy's Honda off. He took our van today since Mommy and I had nowhere we had to be. As you can see, it would have taken him a LONG time to scrape it!

Here's our house.

We walked down to my buddy, Brady's house. Mommy loves how we match in our red coats.

We are such big boys that we took turns pulling each other on my sled in Brady's driveway. Then when we got tired Mommy pulled both of us.

Mommy says she doesn't think two boys could get any cuter. We sure have fun together!

Brady's Daddy has been piling snow up on the side of the driveway when he shovels. With today's accumulation, we had a huge mountain to play on! Brady led the way and we dug a big tunnel over the top. I had a hard time with my short little legs, but I followed him. Brady is not afraid of the snow and loves to eat it, so he dove in it like a swimming pool. I'm more cautious; I laughed at him and took my time.

When our cheeks were bright red and I started screaming because my mittens fell off and my hands were cold, Brady's Mommy, Kam, had us come in for playtime and a snack. Kylie was waiting for us. She's too little to go out in the cold much yet, so she practiced her TV viewing skills.

I wish every day could be a snow day! Mommy says sometimes she does, too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Looks like lots of cold fun! I'm thinking Mike might have a snow day tomorrow...we are getting lots more now and it doesn't look like it's supposed to stop! :)

The Stille's said...

snow days rock