Saturday, January 30, 2010

Papa's Hawaiian birthday party!


My dad turned 57 on Wednesday. He absolutely detests winter and everything about it (why he lives in IL none of us, including him, quite know!) so Mom went with a tropical Hawaiian theme. We ate dinner at his favorite Mexican place, Fiesta Ranchera. Then we went to their house for cake, ice cream, and presents.

Here is his cake; obviously Mom was very kind with his age...seeing as I am 30, that would kinda be a problem! Ha!


When I say we went back to their house for presents, I don't just mean for my dad. He decided to get Holden a present, too. He went to the Gingerbread House and picked out a little figure eight Thomas set for him to play with when he comes to their house. It has a neat water pump with it. No wonder the kid likes birthdays so much; he seems to make out pretty well from them, too! I think Papa and Daddy enjoyed playing with it as much as Holden did.


My parents and me. Eric couldn't make it home due to work but he sent a nice card and present and called Dad to wish him happy birthday. We missed him! Love how Mom even put up a fake sun on one of the balloons.


Jay found creative things to do with his lei...

Holden was a big helper with the candles...

...and with eating the cake! At least the frosting part. At one point, Mom refilled his plate with nothing but frosting. Thanks so much, Grammy! We'll call you at bedtime...! ;)

I thought this was a funny shot of him playing with my old dollhouse in the hallway, much to Jay's dismay.

Holden picked out balloons for Papa and was very excited to bring them into the restaurant with us before taking them back to their house. Not every 57 year old gets to celebrate Nemo and Curious George-style!

Group shot! Glad you had a good birthday, Dad/Papa!


Posted by Picasa
Finally, a little video clip of Holden helping Papa with his cake and singing. Please ignore my tone-deaf singing in the background! :)

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

super cute. Tell your dad you are only as old has you feel. I think my next birthday I will be 29 again too!!