Friday, March 12, 2010

Cuteness

These are just some randoms from the week that I thought were too cute not to share. :) Several are from my new favorite toy Jay got me; my i-phone! That is why some are a little fuzzy.
We finally got some nice weather mid-week. It was great to be out in the sunshine!
Here are Holden and his girlfriend, Natalie, (rockin' the shades!) in his wagon.

Love this picture of him! We walked down to the nature trail by our house.
Having a play date at Natty's house. Loving her outfit-princess top, wings, and her Disney-mobile.

Holden and his neighborhood pal, Hannah. He got a little cold, so she loaned him her jean jacket and rolled the sleeves for him. So cute!

My little picky eater now loves pizza!! I am thrilled with this development, as I know he is getting bread, dairy, meat (his fave is pepperoni) and tomato sauce for a veggie! :) He would eat it breakfast, lunch, and dinner if he could. This is at Subarro's Pizza in the mall. They make enormous slices and don't have kids' sizes. He ate this entire piece up to the crust-I think it was the same size as his head!

Sleeping on the couch with Daddy after a hard day of playing. Lately he's had a hard time sleeping in his bed at night; I think it has to do with the baby coming. He is so snuggly, and I try to remember that before we know it he will be too big and cool to sleep with his parents.


Riding the carousel at the mall with Memaw. This was the first time he held on all by himself and would not let her touch him. We went back this weekend, and he rode without an adult. Such a big boy!

Funny little side story: we were at the mall yesterday, and ran into Memaw, Aunt Teresa, and cousins Jenny and Chelsey. Holden loves to run up and down this ramp, and 9 year old Chelsey was trying to keep up with him but he was getting quick for her. I caught up and told him he could not run away from us or the mall cop would think I wasn't being a good Mommy. I told him he might even give us a ticket. He understands this concept well from Daddy being a police officer, so I didn't think it would be a big deal. Well, the mall cop is kinda a big guy, and apparently I inadvertently scared Holden to death with this warning! A little while later, he and Chelsey were on the carousel, and we noticed he was squinting his eyes, glaring at something, then puckering like he was going to cry. I thought he was scared riding the carousel without an adult. Then we realized he was watching the mall cop's every move! He would follow him with his head; craning it backwards to see where he was at. I think he thought he was there just to watch him!! When he got off, I explained that he is a very nice man, and he doesn't need to be scared of him as long as he is following the rules. Apparently, he wasn't convinced, because when he showed up at the food court a little while later, Holden jumped into Memaw's lap and sat there with his lip quivering!! I feel so bad he is scared of him, but part of me thinks, well, at least he'll behave at the mall now!

Hunter is still cooking away. :) For those of you that have asked, his official due date is April 5th. Today we are having Holden's third bday party a little early (his real bday is March 24th) at Chuck E. Cheese. I have been praying that he would either arrive early enough that I could still go to the party, or wait until after. So far, so good...a few hours to go! My next appt. is tomorrow (Monday), and they are going to schedule a sonogram since he's looking on the large side if he doesn't come early. I have one week of school until Spring Break. I'm ready to take it easy! (As easy as can be done with a very energetic almost-3-year-old!) Another cute story from the other night: Holden was laying on the couch with his head on my tummy. Hunter kicked fairly hard, and Holden turned to my tummy and said, "Hi there, little fella!" It was so cute! I don't know where he heard that phrase.

1 comment:

Steph said...

That is way too funny about the mall cop!!!!!!!!!! Love it! :)