Monday, March 22, 2010

Visit to the Easter bunny!

What a difference a year makes! Holden was so excited to wear his "big boy" Easter outfit and go visit the bunny this year! He spotted him from far across the mall, and began wildly waving at him until we got close. Then he hopped right in his lap, gave him a high five and a hug, and cheesed it up for the photographer. I think his picture turned out really cute! (Are Easter bunnies supposed to wear blue eyeshadow? I'm just sayin'....)
Easter 2010-Holden is two days shy of 3 years old.


A walk down memory lane....
Easter 2009-Holden just turned 2, and NOT HAPPY about the bunny!

Easter 2008-Holden 11.5 months old, oblivious to the bunny.


We didn't take him to the bunny on his first Easter because he was only a few days old. :)



I feel like Holden is growing up soooo quickly lately, and really becoming a little boy instead of a toddler. I am afraid to even blink!


We started potty training on Monday since I am home for spring break. I have dreaded this event and procrastinated, so I decided it was now or never. Day 1 went fairly well; he was excited about wearing his big boy undies and going on his little truck potty. I put it smack dab in the middle of the living room, and he ran around in undies all day and did a lot of sitting and practicing in front of the TV. It helped that the weather was cold and nasty out, so we had reason to stay inside. He had 4 successes and 5 accidents; not bad for the first day. On Day 2 he only had 2 accidents! One was first thing in the morning and I don't think he was really awake yet, and the other was when he did a #2. I have a feeling that will be our issue for awhile, which I have heard is common with boys. But I took him to church and Target, and he went potty both places and had no accidents while we were out. I was so proud of him for doing that well only on Day 2! I put plastic pants on over his undies just in case, but he didn't even need them. We are now on Day 3 and he has had NO accidents all day!! I am so proud of my buddy. We went to McDonald's and the zoo this morning, and to the mall tonight for the Easter bunny. He went potty all three places. He also started telling me some of the times today when he had to go, and being able to hold it until we got to the potty, rather than me just making him try. We played outside this afternoon, and I know he HAD to have needed to go since he'd drank a whole cup of juice before we went out and we were out awhile, but he obviously didn't want to go in because he kept saying he didn't have to go. When we did go in, I thought the pee would never end! But I was encouraged to know he must be able to start to control it/hold it when he needs to. I never would have thought by Day 3 he'd be doing so well!!! I am sure we will have setbacks, but still, I am amazed. He must have just been ready. However....he has NOT gone #2 all day and he usually does like clockwork; I suspect he's holding it...so like I said, we may have some issues with that. I also expect he may regress a little when the baby comes. But all in all, it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated. He even made sure to let me know tonight that he promised not to go pee or poop on the bunny! Ha!


Another new thing is holding the door for me. He has been quite the little gentleman, wanting to open and hold the doors for me when we are out; they can be quite heavy for his little body and sometimes he will even make a face like he is straining himself, but he insists on doing it. He especially loves the doors at the zoo and the mall, with the handicap button you can push to make it open. He will race ahead to push the button for me. :)

He insists on doing everything "All myself." I am trying to be patient with this even if it takes him minutes more than it would take me to do it for him. He wants to dress and undress himself, get the juice out of the fridge for me, wash his hands on his own, etc. He is very strong-willed and persistent, which is both a strength and a weakness. I am glad to see him wanting to be independent, though.


All of his jeans and pants are waiting for a flood right now! He looks like a little hobo, but I am not buying new ones since it is almost time for shorts anyway. My little peanut is getting taller!


He has also put on some weight; he's now 28.5 lbs....almost to 30! That is something for him. I think his new-found love of pizza may be helping with that ;).

Can't believe he will be 3 on Wednesday. How time flies. I love my big boy!

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

We have gone through 5 pairs of underwear and it's only noon!!!Good luck to you. Cute Easter bunny pics.