Saturday, November 6, 2010

Steph and Travis' Halloween party!


After our Uptown Normal adventure, Holden and I dropped Hunter off with Jay (he had worked a long shift and Hunter goes to bed early; they were both worn out!) and the two of us headed to my friend, Stephanie's house for her annual costume party. I told Holden he was my date, and he really liked the fact that he got to do something just with me. We don't get a lot of those moments anymore. It actually worked out great because I was able to eat, chat, and enjoy my time with friends without worrying about a tired baby, and Holden had a blast running around with his friends.

Below are Travis, Stephanie, and little Ava. CRACK ME UP! Every year, they are something that has to do with SNL skits. They stretched it a bit this year to do "Buddy the Elf," and I think they are by far the best ones yet!! Love Ava's little elf costume!! Her skirt had bells on it that jingled when she toddled around, which made it handy for us to know what she was getting into. :) I could not take anything Travis said seriously all night!


It got realy chilly once the sun went down. Holden and his pal, Lauren, had fun snuggling with blankets and watching "Max and Ruby" on her DVD player. Are they adorable together or what?! Steph and Trav had their detached garage and the walkway/backyard all decked out. I love the luminaries lighting the pathway.



Stephanie's mom was a big hit with the kids. :) It was so fun for me to catch up with Kim, Annie, and Steph. I sure miss our weekly summer get-togethers! I know the kids felt the same way. They had so much fun together. When they weren't getting on each other's nerves. See bottom right picture...classic! The little ones are fighting over who is closest to the DVD player, and Colin is so DONE with their behavior. Hilarious!



Thanks, Steph and Trav, we had a great time!

No comments: