Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Boys' first joint bday party!

We survived the boys' first joint birthday party! It was funny to realize how much more laid-back I have become from Holden's first birthday to Hunter's. I still wanted to make sure we took pictures and had some video footage, that everyone was accommodated and that I made sure to at least chat briefly with each person. But mainly I just wanted everyone, myself included, to have fun! I think we accomplished that. I know that the boys did. Especially Holden-Hunter really had no clue what was going on. Next year will be different. :) And it was great to have it someplace other than my home. Amen to not worrying about a clean house OR cleaning up afterwards! Especially with the packing underway for our trip this Wed.

Holden was such a big helper filling the party favor bags this year. He sat down with me one night last week and helped me sort everything. I would tell him the name of a child, and he would fill their bag with each item, painstakingly selecting "just the right" color, type, or sticker for that child. He really thought about everyone individually. I did catch him trying to slip a few extra items in Brady, Colin, and Cade's bags. When I explained that we had to be fair and give everyone the same amount, he protested, "But MOMMY, they're my best pals!" (He gets that phrase from Woody on Toy Story.) Oh-and after all of this preparation and labeling each bag-guess what I left sitting on the kitchen counter? YEP, that would be the bag full of them. So we will be making some deliveries. I always forget something!!!!



My sweet birthday boys! I love the shirts that I got them at Carter's. Hunter was a little overwhelmed by everything and everyone. He wasn't fussy except for a few little moments, but just not his usual smiley self. I have pics of Holden making the same serious expressions on his first bday. I think the poor little ones just don't know what to make of everything.


Here are most of the cute kiddos at the party! We are so blessed with both friends and cousins the kids' ages. I think the only one I didn't get was our little neighbor, Owen. Which is too bad because he is such a cutie pie and was so excited about everything! He was just too fast for me.



Close friends and family. Like I said, we are blessed! I missed a few people but this is a lot of them. I even managed to get myself in one. ;)

The boys both took rides on the horsey. This gives you a good idea of their sizes at ages almost four and almost one.


Holden got to visit with his old pal, Chuck E. Hunter wasn't too impressed with the party and took a snooze on Papa.

The boys' Spiderman cake. Holden got to pick out the character and he was sure that Hunter would love it. :)

Family picture with our birthday boys


Chuck E. was really nice and came and sat with the boys during the singing of "The Birthday Song" and blowing out the candles. We didn't buy the birthday package this year because it was cheaper to buy things separately, so we had explained to Holden that Chuck E. wouldn't be coming out to sing and dance with him like last year. But Chuck E. happened to walk by and see us and I asked if he'd say hi-and he plopped right down and gave us about 15 minutes of his time. Such a friendly rodent! :)

Hunter was fascinated with him and not scared at all! He loved his nose and kept touching it.


Some pics with the boys' cakes and blowing out candles. Holden needed a little assistance-I love how Kylie is "helping" us blow them out in the background.


Sweet moments with Hunter and Chuck E. I love how Chuck E. touched Hunter's nose, too!


Opening presents! Hunter helped us for a little while and then had enough. Holden was very thorough and made sure we got every last thing opened. :)


Thanks to all of our family and friends that helped make the boys' party special. We love you!

2 comments:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Super cute pictures. Kim said the party was really fun. Happy Birthday to the boys and have a wonderful spring break.

Nathan and Megan said...

You are brave to do the parties at Chuck E. Cheese! That is awesome. I wish we had one in Decatur. It really is a fun place for all ages :)