Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Pics!

I had some major catching up to do on the blog today. Wanted to get it all done before the boys' joint birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow, followed by....our Florida trip in four more days!!!! We are so excited to celebrate the births of our two favorite boys, and to head south for some fun in the sun and leave crazy Illinois weather behind us! :) Counting this one, there are five new posts below. So if you are one of the grandparents or have a lot of time on your hands, check them out. I just can't minimize the amount of pictures I take. Kind of like my packing style...oh dear...the suitcases and sub plans are calling my name!
We met up with the talented Lori Sutton Bettis again to get our spring family pictures taken. She has a friend in Decatur who graciously loaned us the use of her huge, beautiful home as the backdrop. Getting there was another whole story. It's about an hour and a half away, and thankfully we left early because not only was it raining, but our new Tom-Tom GPS system only took us as far as a certain road and stopped. The subdivision they live in is new, so it was not recognized. We got lost and had to call and have her direct us there. Needless to say, Jay is not the most patient person in the world with getting pictures to start with...not to mention driving out of town to get them taken...throw in getting lost...and a crying, hungry baby...it is no small miracle these pictures turned out as well as they did! Lori worked her magic. :)

I absolutely LOVE this one below! I want to frame it next to one from the fall when Holden was in the foreground looking out a truck window, and Jay, Hunter, and I were in the background peeking in.

It took awhile to get the previous shot. There were a lot of shenanigans involved, as you can get a hint of in the picture below. Notice my hand. There was a lady ready to catch him if he fell, but I was just afraid she wouldn't realize quite how quick he is! I was prepared to leap if I had to! Wild boy!

The home we were in was just beautiful. Huge, floor-to-ceiling windows with views of a creek, lake, and countryside. My entire house could have fit in the foyer. :)


My sweet little boys

This is another favorite of mine. Holden's smile is so genuine, and I love how she captured the adoring way that Hunter will look at him. He truly loves his big brother!

My sweet, smart, and sassy almost-four-year-old. Love him so much! I like how you can see a hint of his orneriness in this smile.

LOVE how she captured his eyes here!

Lori brought an old fire fighter's outfit for Holden to try on. He was thrilled! He looked so cute in the giant pants, suspenders, and hat.

Hunter refused to participate in the picture below. We tried and he threw a fit at being made to just lay still. He'd pop up and crawl away. I really like it of the three of us. We'll try another one with Hunter next year. :)

Holden and his Daddy. They look so much alike!



My favorite picture of my baby! Love those two pearly whites peeking out, gap and all.

This one is Jay's favorite. It is Hunter in all his essence.

Some more of our littlest man.

Holding Mommy and Daddy's hands.

My 3 favorite guys in all the world. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your pictures, as always, turned out great!!

Nathan and Megan said...

Great pics! That is awesome that you had a "house" to meet at for the Photo Shoot! LOVE the family pic of all 4 of you. It was GREAT!