Sunday, August 10, 2008

August rush.....my life, not the movie! =o)

My helpful boys:

My wonderful hubby putting together first grade writing journals with a smile (make that monkey grin!) on his face.


Holden showing an early interest in poker chips like his father.....
these are my kids' "good behavior tokens" that he is so happily "helping" me with! ;o)



Did you think I got lost? The day the calendar turns to August my mind goes into a tailspin. As a teacher, August signals the upcoming school year, which means a room to unpack and ready for new students, papers to type and print, postcards to send, and lots and lots of planning. It is an exciting time but also a hectic time. And now having Holden, it gives me a lump in my throat. As many times as I commented this summer (and my friends and family can attest that it was more than once!) that there were days I thought my job was easier than being at home, I know I am going to miss spending my days with Holden something fierce. He is a little person now, and it is going to be hard on him when I leave him this time around, not just hard on me! I thank God we have a truly wonderful childcare provider, Lori, who takes care of him like he was her own, and that Jay gets his Daddy days with him on Mondays and Tuesdays. I love my job as a first grade teacher, and it gives me a great sense of fulfillment knowing that I am making a difference in little lives. It doesn't hurt that one of my best friends, Annie, teaches first grade in the same building, and we get to chat every day during the school year. But I love my job as a Mommy the most! Sniff sniff! I have one week left before we start, so I plan to make the most of it. Although my room is still not done, so I am sure that will make for some long evenings since I refuse to go during the day and miss time with my buddy!




I have lots to post and of course my camera battery is dead at the moment so it will have to wait. More visits to the fair, our trip with my parents to St. Louis where Holden took in his first Cardinals game, the Metro Station concert Jay and I took Allie to (We survived! But we realized we are OLD!), and cousin Morgan's 2nd bday are all on the blog agenda. Look for loads of pics coming soon! In the meantime, these pictures show just another reason that I love "my boys!" Willingly helping me out in my classroom.....Jay actually helping and Holden causing collateral damage, of course! ;o)




To all of you teachers out there: I feel your August panic!





2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Mike starts back to school next Friday and is not looking forward to the end of summer either. He doesn't have all the prep work like you do though. It's nice to be the elementary PE teacher most of the time! :) Glad you had some good helpers! :)

the cunningham family said...

I feel your pain is all I am going to say!