Friday, August 1, 2008

Bus Ride With Papa!

My Dad retired this year from his position as a correctional officer, but he still drives a school bus for Unit 5. It keeps him busy and he enjoys the kids. (Usually!) =o) He has been driving for the summer school kids this summer, and the other morning he surprised us with by pulling up in front of our house after his route! Holden was fascinated, which was no surprise...he loves anything that drives, the bigger the better. He got to look at all the cool gadgets up front and honk the horn, and then Papa gave us a couple of drives around the block. I can only imagine what the neighbors thought if they peeked outside...me climbing onto this school bus in my pajamas with Holden in a diaper and t-shirt! Can we say, white trash?! Hilarious! Holden had a blast and threw quite the fit when Papa drove off. Thanks for the fun morning, Dad! (Next time come when I am dressed and look cute!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

I bet Holden loved the school bus! Colin can't wait to ride one sometime in his life. He doesn't really get that we live too close to ride one to school when he goes. He will have to wait until jr. high to ride one regularly. He loves them. I am sure Holden will get to do it again with Grandpa, especially since the grin on both of them is so big! I think they both had fun! :)