Monday, August 11, 2008

Proof that there is a God!


While there are many reasons that I believe the title is true, here is a simple one from this evening: Holden ATE FOOD!!!!! Real food, and lots of it! In case you live in a hole and don't get the importance of this statement, the kid is the pickiest eater this side of Mars. He can't stand to eat anything messy or squishy, does not appreciate the phrase "trying new things," and some days lives solely on Cheerios and fruit snacks. On Saturday he ate a big piece of his cousin's bday cake, complete with frosting, and got it everywhere. To see Jay and my reactions, you would have thought he won an Olympic medal. Today he ate 4 fish sticks for lunch. Tonight he ate 7 chicken nuggets AND over half of my macaroni and cheese! Which was messy! I am probably the only mom of a toddler who was actually making comments tonight like, "Way to get that cheese all over you face and hands, buddy!" "I am so proud of you for getting messy!" "Wow, you must really like that, you even got cheese on your booster seat and in your hair." "I'll wipe your hands in a minute, let me get a few more pictures of this mess." Milestone for Holden this week. I am sure his scrawny little body approves of the protein!

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

Yeah! I told you he would eat one day, let's hope it is here to stay for your sanity! :)