Sunday, May 3, 2009

Random Recents

Can you tell Holden has been taking LONG naps and soaks in the tub getting over his illness? The result has been extra blogging time for me! He is doing MUCH better and actually ate like a human being today. However...the Dr. told me there is a 1-3 percent chance that adults can catch the virus. Jay's mom informed me that the Mayo clinic website states that it is "extremely rare" for someone over age 10 to catch it. As always, Jay broke the mold when he woke up with a fever this morning and asked me to check his mouth. Yep, the tell-tale sores were all over. I did remind him that he told Holden two days ago, "Buddy, I'd take it for you if I could." He says he didn't mean it now. :)


Last weekend, we met up with Annie and the Cunningham boys for an evening at Miller Park zoo and playground. There were a lot of people at the newer park, so Jay convinced the boys (well, Colin; Holden and Cade will follow anywhere that they can climb!) that the old park was really cool. The three of them made a beeline for the big dual twisty slide with the curly-cue steps. It is one of the original pieces of equipment left. I remember loving it as a child. As a Mommy, it is quite scary, as the stairs have huge gaps for kids to fall through. The adults didn't have anytime to stand and chat! The boys always have fun together and it was a beautiful night.

Holden loves just opening the garage door and playing in the driveway with his riding toys and mowers. He has also learned to stick his tongue out when I am taking pictures, and thinks he's pretty funny. (See bottom left.) :)

Lastly, Holden helped Daddy wash the van. I remember loving to do this with my dad as a child. There is something so fun about using the good ol' fashioned hose and bucket of suds!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

love all the pictures. I feel so bad that your family has been so sick. Craig and Lauren have been ok but I have been super sick too so I know that it is not fun