Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Day '10!

Warning: obnoxious amount of pictures included in this post! I am just very biased and happen to think my son is pretty adorable. :) And clearly have some type of picture taking disease.
Holden was excited to pick out Handy Manny valentines this year and decorate them for the people he loves. Instead of tearing them out, I left them in the big strips out of the box and let him go to town on them. He was very meticulous about his work, and dictated which ones he wanted each person to receive.

My mom started a tradition when my brother and I were a child of leaving a trail of hearts for us to follow on Valentine's Day morning. There were always little gifts at the end. I love continuing this for Holden, and have told him that Cupid visited. The first year, he crawled along and tried to eat the hearts. Last year, he wanted to throw them in the trash right away, as if they were litter. This year, he called them "footprints," and really got the concept. So much fun! Cupid brought him some Moon Sand, the Stuart Little DVD, and a Chipmunks book. Here are some pictures of Cupid's work while Holden was sound asleep.

Following his trail...

Getting excited...

Staring at his presents...

Checking out his loot...

Very excited about his Chipmunks book...

And ready to play with his Moon Sand!

The many giggling faces of my favorite little Valentine taking a soak in the tub after his Moon Sand experience. I just love this little boy!

Rocking it in his Valentine's Day shirt: "The Ladies Love Me."

Who can resist this mug?

Jay had to work on V-Day, so I spent the day with my little boy. We played a lot of trucks...

and some Peek-A-Boo...

and set the timer for some Mommy/Holden shots!

Happy V-Day, Holden! Mommy loves you!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

there were a lot of pictures but you couldn't have left any of them out. I love the trail of hearts idea I may copy you next year. We have that same elmo chair....we will have to get them together in their elmo chairs for a picture and some spinning