Thursday, April 1, 2010

And then there were 4...


It's hard to believe a week has gone by since Hunter's birthday! In some ways, it feels like it just happened. In other ways, we already can't imagine him not being here. We are adjusting to our little family of four and to having a newborn in the house again! Holden loves his baby brother and is eager to help with him. Helping me burp him and giving him his paci are his specialties! :) He lavishes kisses on him. We have to watch him like a hawk, as he has tried to pick him up, give him a "fun" swing ride (involving going a lot faster than the speed I had set!), and numerous other "helpful" scenarios. :) I'm just glad he loves him so much! We are trying really hard to make sure he feels included and still gets to do his own fun things. The weather has been GORGEOUS this week, and Jay had a full week off, so they worked on several yard projects together and enjoyed playing outdoors. Hunter even got out for his first stroller walk, which he slept through. Hunter is a very laid-back, easy baby so far. Cries when he's hungry or needs a diaper change, and that's about it. He just goes with the flow. Love him to pieces!
I was dilated to a 3.5 and 80% effaced for over a week. I was also having mild contractions. I was SO ready to have this baby!! The plan was that if he didn't come by the 29th, we would schedule an induction since he was measuring 1 week ahead. On Sat. the 27th I started feeling a lot of pressure and decided to go in just to be sure. Apparently I had been contracting 2-6 min. apart and didn't realize it at that point since I'd been uncomfortable for so long. It was great timing because I had finished my week of spring break and would have had to go back to school on Mon. I'm also thankful I had the whole week to do special things w/ Holden.
One last pregnant pose.


Excited to meet Hunter!


After my epidural, I was feeling good! Here I am with my wonderful ice chips...I was sooo hungry and you'd think I would have learned from the last time to shovel the food in before I got there! Jay was on my list because he brought a burger back from the cafeteria and ate it in the delivery room! He then enjoyed watching basketball play-offs from his recliner; the men have it way too easy in their role of child birth!



We were only there for 6 hours when Hunter made his arrival at 4:36 pm. He came out bright pink and showing us his healthy set of lungs! I feel so bad for them coming out of such a warm and cozy place into the cold and bright lights! We both agreed he looked so much like his big brother!


First moments with Mommy and Daddy.



Posing with my wonderful ob/gyn, Dr. Svientek, and enjoying a nice big Pepsi post delivery.


Some of my most cherished memories will always be Holden's arrival to meet his brother. He was so excited! My parents brought him in his big brother shirt, and he couldn't wait to see and touch Hunter.

Our first family picture.

Pictures with Grammy and Papa.


Sweet Moments


My two favorite boys! Love them!


Hunter James Paul Hobson



Memaw and Pepaw arrived that night straight from their long drive back from Florida.


Aunt Allie visited the next day.



So did Grandma Hobson.

Daddy and his boys.

My best friends, Bridget and Kara, made several visits.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Schulz...the middle picture is 4 generations.

We had so many special people come to visit! Hunter is blessed with lots of people who love him!

My sweet baby boy.


We stayed 2 nights and were ready to bring our baby home! I missed Holden so much while I was gone, even though grandparents and Daddy brought him to visit a lot. He was waiting at the door for us with Grammy when we pulled up. Hunter slept through his trip home. :)


Grammy and Papa, and Memaw and Pepaw were there to welcome Hunter home.


Holden insisted on showing Hunter all around the house, having him try out the swing, and rocking him in his chair. He sang, "Happy birthday," and "Twinkle Twinkle" to him. It was the cutest thing ever! At bedtime, both boys had their special "nigh nights" and spent some time with Daddy on the couch. The last picture is in the morning; Holden was up at 5am when he heard me feeding Hunter and came running in to see us. He asked to sit on the bed and hold him, and told me Hunter wanted to watch cartoons with him. :)


We've made it through our first week; now the real test begins...Daddy going back to work! I know we'll be fine but I'm still a little worried about how I'll manage with both of them. But I'm looking forward to finding out! I am so thankful for my two precious little boys.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a great story! Again, you make it look so easy!! :) How do you find the time to blog?! Love the pictures of Holden and Hunter....it looks like he just can't take his eyes off him! He's going to be a great big brother!

Happy Easter! :)

Samantha said...

Congratulations!! All the pictures are so precious. You are very blessed!