Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter 2010


I feel like I am soooo behind with blogging! I have taken a zillion pictures since coming home from the hospital, but haven't had any time to edit them, much less post them! You know how they say that second babies don't have as many pictures? Yeah, that doesn't apply to Hunter! Ha! This crazy camera lady is loving the new photo ops with her newest addition!

Things are going well as we adjust to a family of 4. Holden is having some transition issues which is to be expected. He adores his baby brother but doesn't understand why he can't play with him yet, and doesn't appreciate that all of the attention is not on him. I am finding that 3 is a challenging age. My sweet little boy is questioning authority, asserting his independence, and to put it in easy to understand terms, just being a little turd at times! I love him to pieces and I know that he has a lot going on right now, so I am trying to be patient. We continue to potty train. Number 1 is going great, but I feel like I will be following him to college to wipe his poopy tush off at this point! NO desire to do #2 on the potty, and will hold it until he can sneak off and go in his pants. No amount of bribes have worked so far. On the positive side, he is becoming so smart and understands so much now. It is fun to have conversations with him and to hear what is going on in that little head of his. He insists on holding the doors for people everywhere we go, especially the ladies. He really does love Hunter, and lavishes him with kisses and conversation. Today he was "teaching" him to play pat-a-cake. :) Hunter continues to be a great baby, normally very easy-going. I cherish my cuddle times with him when Holden naps, because as the second baby, he gets put down a lot out of necessity.

Here are our Easter pics, and as with every event, there are a ton of them.

Holden had fun decorating eggs again this year. He loved plopping them (not very gently!) into the cups and insisted on scooping them out himself.


Hunter wasn't too impressed with the egg Holden made him!



My brother, Eric, was home for the holiday weekend. He got his first glimpse of Hunter the night before Easter. I love that all three guys are in matching blue!



While my boys were sleeping...


...the Easter bunny came! Holden was thrilled with his Handy Manny bubble hammer, jump rope, and of course, candy. He also got a neat book that we read later when he was over the toys.



Then he helped his baby brother open his basket. Hunter got a stuffed bunny and a book. Holden also insisted on holding Hunter...don't worry, I was not even an arms-length away while Jay snapped this shot. Poor Hunter does not look too comfortable!



My little bunny! Hunter was 8 days old on his first Easter. I had bought this little outfit at Carter's in hopes he'd be here with us. I'm glad he got to wear it!



My two beautiful boys. (Bunnies?)


LOVE this picture!!! It was not staged; Holden loves to give Hunter kisses.



My handsome big boy! I loved his little vest. Holden had his first day in the three's Sunday School on Easter. He was SO excited to go to "big boy church school!" He was very proud when he came home and showed me his papers and art projects. I was sad I couldn't go, but happy Jay got to go for a change as he usually works on Sundays.


Family pictures

I got the best gift in my Easter basket!


My parents, Granny, and Eric came over after church and brought a delicious lunch. I was happy to provide the house and the baby!


Granny brought a bunny cake. Isn't it cute?!



Our annual group shot; the first with Hunter included!



After lunch, Jay took Holden to his family's get together in nearby Colfax. He had a blast with his cousins and enjoyed an egg hunt. I am really proud of Jay for taking cute pictures for me!


A few more shots of Holden...playing Bingo with Aunt Allie, eating candy out of his egg, and ending the day by helping Daddy with the first mowing of the season!



We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. As we celebrated the day of Jesus' resurrection, we loved the symbol of new life in our sweet baby boy. Happy (late) Easter, everyone!

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

I can sse Hunter is enjoying Lauren's glider!! Your boys are adorable!!