Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July: post 2

I am so happy that we did some fun activities a day early on July 3, because the weather was beautiful...which is NOT to be said for the actual 4th!!
We started our morning by heading to Anderson pool with Brady, Kylie, and Kam. Holden and Brady had fun in the freezing baby pool water, while Kylie sat pretty in her adorable patriotic outfit and matching bow, and was content to have her feet dipped now and then. Brady is MUCH more adventurous than Holden when it comes to water; he'll go down the slides, in all the sprayers, etc. Holden is usually my wild child, but he is not a fan of going underwater at this point, and hates the element of surprise of the sprayers. He does not, however, have an aversion to drinking pool water. As you can see in the top left picture. Gross!

I had seen the yucky forecast of a chilly, rainy day for the 4th, so I put him in his little patriotic tanktop outfit a day early. We had a cookout to attend that night, so figured he could show it off there. I just love Carter's little one piece outfits with snaps at the bottom, and I know this will be the last summer Holden can pull them off. They sometimes look a little "daisy duke-ish" on him, but I think they're adorable. I hate to give up on the baby things! He agreed to pose for me because I let him sit on top of the loveseat, which he thought was really cool and funny. My Americana theme in the living room works great for 4th of July pictures!

Our neighbors had a backyard barbeque which is a yearly tradition around the 4th. This year was so much more fun with Holden than last year! He could move freely, can navigate stairs, and really enjoyed playing with "the big kids." I noted the milestone of him sitting at "the kids table" in the living room. :) He especially liked playing with Hannah (in the purple shirt), and Josh and Kate, the cute twins making fish faces. He also invented some new uses for the bags game...! We had hot dogs, brats, burgers, deviled eggs, taco dip, baked beans, hot wings dip, green bean casserole, fruit salad, and about 4 different desserts. I am hungry just thinking about it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: