Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer visitors and Grammy's bday!

July is such a busy month for our family! Not only do we have several important birthdays to celebrate, but it usually marks the time of year that my Aunt Stephanie (Mom's sister) comes to visit from Texas. This year was special because my Uncle Kevin and my cousins, Charlie and Meghan, were able to come too. I haven't seen them in several years, and my cousins had never met Holden. We met up at Avanti's in Peoria for lunch one day. Kevin's mom, Kathleen, lives there so she joined us as well as my Granny. Meghan's boyfriend, Travis, also came and it was great to meet him. He's a very down-t0-earth, funny guy. It was great to visit with everyone! Jay and I hope to make it to Texas in a few years for a longer visit there.

The whole group. Holden actually stayed in his high chair the whole time and behaved very well. Thank you, God!!!!!

Mom's bday was the 15th. My aunt Steph stayed longer than the rest of her family, and we loved having her around that week! On Mom's birthday, the three of us went to Eureka to pick up Granny. We went over to the shops at Washington Square and enjoyed lunch and shopping before heading back to Granny's for one of her yummy home made cakes. It was fun girl's day!

I just realized I included this picture in the collage, but I really like it of the four of us so here it is in large scale version! :)

In the evening, Mom, Dad, Aunt Steph, Jay, Holden, and I went to Chili's for Mom's bday dinner. (The day was all about eating; start to finish! I always say I eat as much in July as during the holidays.) Holden was excited to sit in his booster seat between Grammy and Papa and order a "big kid" cup.

Who needs food when you have a straw to play with?

After dinner, we headed back to my parents' house for our traditional bday cake/ice cream/gift opening time. Dad always decorates the house for Mom's birthday. He had streamers, balloons, and a cake with her name spelled out in candles. It is really sweet how into her birthday he is. He even got her a "Sweet 16" balloon since as he says, she still makes him feel like a teenager. (Aww!) Holden was so excited to sing the "Cake" song as he calls it, and to help her blow out her candles.

The big thrill of the night for Holden were those balloons. He is so easily entertained, and of course my parents are always glad to oblige him!

Hope you had a very happy birthday, Mom! We had fun celebrating with you.

3 comments:

The Stille's said...

wow your a party animal. It was good seeing you last night.

The Moser Fam... said...

Looks like you are having such a fun summer! It is really cute how sweet your dad was for your mom's b-day! You look cute in your green shirt by the way!

the cunningham family said...

I think you are the busiest people I know, especially in July!! Time flies when you are having fun...right? That is cute your dad goes all out for your moms birthday. :)