Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Kyle

We have a new cousin! Kyle James Mann was born on Wednesday (Aunt Allie's bday!) 2 weeks early, weighing 6lbs, 10 oz. We got to meet him last night, and he's absolutely precious. He looks a lot like his Daddy, Tim, who is Jay's cousin. Welcome to the world, Kyle!

Such a little punkin'. I love his peach-fuzz hair, and of course the Cardinals receiving blanket compliments him all the more. :)

Kyle with his Mommy and Daddy; Katie and Tim. Katie had a C-section since Mr. Kyle decided to lay sideways during the last few weeks in the womb. I was shocked to see her up and about, wearing clothes and changing his diaper when we arrived just a day later! She looks great, and I'm so glad she is feeling good.

Holden and Kyle's first close-up encounter; I don't think either of them were too sure about it! Holden was really shy around him and actually acted a little afraid of him after hearing him squeal! I don't think he's ever seen such a tiny baby. He has been talking nonstop about "Baby Kyle" prior to meeting him, and had picked out a toy truck for him. I think he was a little confused that THIS is the cousin everyone has been hyping up about how they can play together!? I explained he has to get a little bigger first. It was very cute when we were making our purchases at the mall, and I told Holden to put the truck on the counter to be checked out. The cashier took it and Holden gave her the evil eye and said, "Dat's Baby KYLE'S truck, NOT YOURS!" Fortunately she had a good sense of humor! :)

Working his new set of lungs. I think he was sad we were leaving. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

Glad Kyle is here and Holden can have a boy to play with...eventually! :) Love the story about the cashier and the truck!