Sunday, October 11, 2009

Monticello Train Ride!

We had such a fun day today, despite the chilly fall temps! After church, my parents, Jay, Holden, and I all bundled up and headed to Monticello, a little town about an hour away. They have an old-time train that runs from a depot/train museum to the downtown area and back again. Holden loves all things trains, and was so excited to get to ride a REAL one!
While we waited for the train to come, Holden had fun playing at the Thomas train table in the depot. Then we posed for some pictures on the bench out front. I just love him in his new puffy red Osh Kosh coat. He looks like Ralphie! :)

Papa took Holden up by the tracks to watch for the train to arrive. It backed in to the station, so they spotted the red caboose first. Holden was excited to hear the whistle blow!

Here we all are inside the train before leaving the station. Right after this shot, we realized Holden hadn't been changed since before church, so I rushed him off to the depot restroom real quick before our ride. My family assured me they'd make sure the conductor knew we were coming right back. The entire time we were in the bathroom, Holden was yelling at the top of his lungs, "DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT ME, CHOO CHOO!!!" Hilarious.

My parents on the train.

My two favorite guys!

Holden loved just looking out the window at everything. He was tickled that there was a little chipmunk eating a nut before the train took off, and when the whistle blew, it bolted for cover. He kept saying, "Dat chipmunk was SCARED!" I thought he looked so precious kneeling next to the window and gazing out at the scenery.

Papa took Holden to the back of the train to look out at the caboose. Holden thought they were hot stuff walking down the aisle while the train was moving!

At our stop, we climbed up on the engine so Holden could see the front of the train.

My cute hubby and me!

Holden and his Papa

We got to ride back on the caboose!

It was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Now I have a feeling that every time Holden sees or hears a train, he will ask when we can ride the choo choo again! :)

No comments: