Monday, February 16, 2009

Tub Time and Holden's new "toys"

One of Holden's Valentine's Day gifts was a packet of those little capsules that you drop in the bathtub and watch open up into little sponge shapes. My brother and I used to love them as kids. Holden was really funny with them at first, because he kept trying to color with them. He has tub crayons, paint, and markers, so why would these be any different? When he finally saw one pop open into a little truck (they were all vehicles of some type) his little mouth made a big "O" and he said, "Again! Again Please!" =o) I love the first picture of him staring at his little cup that he placed some in, just waiting for them to open. It's the simple things...oh, to be a kid again!


While I was doing my makeup this weekend, Holden had ran off to play and I noticed the sound that puts fear in every mom's heart-absolute silence!! All moms know this surely means their child is up to no good. I hunted him down in our other bathroom, and well, I think you get the idea from looking at the pictures. When I walked in he grinned at me and said, "Toys!" Is it really sad that I went ahead and let him transfer an entire box of tampons from the box, to the drawer, and to a wastebasket, just so I could finish getting ready in peace? Jay will no doubt be THRILLED with these pictures! HA!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the cunningham family said...

Laughing hysterically now! I heard the story at lunch, but the seeing the pics make it that much funnier! Love it. Seriously, Cade and Holden...separated at birth (with 8 months in between!) Cade does the same things, but he can even open them! Wow - we have talented boys... :)

Heather said...

I'm laughing out loud at his new toys! Great blackmail evidence for when he is older... "Clean your room or I'll get out THE pictures!" =-)