Thursday, July 29, 2010

H&H

I can't believe it is nearly August. I am so in denial about the upcoming school year! I think that's partly because this year I don't exactly know where I will be yet, just that I'll have a job. But I think that's also been God's way of telling me to just enjoy the summer with my boys and not worry about anything work related. Holden and Hunter have grown and changed so much just since their birthdays in March! Holden is getting taller, (I can tell because a lot of his shirts are getting really short) leaner, and is a full-fledged little boy. His vocabulary and understanding of things expands daily. Hunter, of course is at the age where he grows literally overnight. He has such a personality now, recognizes people he knows by sight and voice, and is a rolling babbling, ball of drool. Here are the latest in my constant barrage of pictures. I feel like they grow right before my eyes, so I try to get pictures of every precious moment.
Holden LOVES ice cream this summer! Last year he wasn't a big fan but I think it hurt his teeth. Now he understands the whole licking concept. :) I love that he loves it, since it is a great excuse for me to have some, too!

Hunter working on some head control. He still can't get back over once on his tummy. Note the saying on his shirt; cracks me up! And can you see his little faux hawk? His hair is now growing straight up in the middle.

Holden has been doing an awesome job at swim lessons this summer. He loves "Miss Betty," and has been working really hard to overcome his fear of going underwater. It is still a big issue for him, but he's come a long way. I am proud of him for trying even when he is scared. He will cry a little, but then he will do what she asks, and he's SO excited when he is done. This past week he started going off the diving board with a noodle. He gets a kick out of telling people "I mam SO big! I go off the diving board!" I love how he says "mam" for "am."

Give the boy cheese balls, and he is a happy camper. He saw these at Sam's Club the other night, and his eyes lit up as he announced, "Daddy, those are just like ALVIN'S!" (From Alvin and the Chipmunks movies). He carried the tub through the store and we were cracking up because it was about the same size as him.

My Hunt-man with his gummy grin. He constantly has a hand or fingers in his mouth, and Dr. Dewey confirmed at his 4 mo. appt. that he is working on some bottom teeth. While they take their time popping up, we call him our St. Bernard with the amount of drool coming out of his mouth.

This picture makes me laugh because he looks pretty enough to be a little girl, esp. with the pink towel. He had a week with a horrible diaper rash. I think it might have been a result of the teething. (?) I felt so bad for him, as he would literally bleed when I wiped, and just cry big crocodile tears. I did baking soda baths, and laid him out on towels each night to air dry. He LOVED that part of the night, free and breezy. :)

Daddy and his boys. He's a keeper!

Hunter sporting his hand-me-down swim trunks for the first time. How cute is he?! He also tried to eat Holden's head.

Jay remembered that as a baby, Holden had a tiny pool we put him in. He didn't want Hunter to be deprived, so he grabbed one at Walmart and put it next to Holden's bigger pool. Hunter LOVED it!! It forunately had a little rainbow hood so that he wasn't in the sun. Illinois is having one of the hottest, most humid summers we've had in a long time, and he hasn't been able to be outside much. Good call, Daddy!

Love how Jay looks like he's wearing the pool.

Another milestone: Hunter started cereal and baby food this week! I think it's so fun when they start eating. At first he kinda gags when he eats; I think it's the consistency difference. He likes the cereal and wasn't a huge fan of applesauce; I wish I had a picture of his face when he tried that because it was priceless! I think it is just so sweet compared to the formula. He eats it better mixed w/ cereal. Today we tried sweet potatoes, and he really liked them. Ate a whole jar! He is still figuring out what to do with his tongue so half of each spoonful comes back out. Makes for a messy baby!

Finally, Jay and I about died the other day when Holden walks in naked as a jaybird except for these Cardinals SHORTS around his neck! He thought they were a shirt?! Then he couldn't get them off. Jay had to really work hard to get them off without hurting his head. NO IDEA how he got them on in the first place?! He was not amused that we were amused by this, and did not appreciate me taking pictures.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steph said...

The boys are getting so big! So stinkin' cute too!! :) I am in denial about summer being over, as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Tpeee...! said...

so sweet baby