Monday, July 5, 2010

Winter Flashback!

I was going through my picture files trying to clear up some space, and found these pics from our January trip to the Chicago Shedd Aquarium/Oceanarium. I meant to post them after I scanned a cute picture that we purchased of the three of us. I never did get it scanned, but here are the rest. It's funny to look back at them now; Holden was so pale and he is a little Coppertone boy right now. And obviously Hunter was residing in my tummy still. :)

Holden absolutely loved everything about the Shedd! In fact, we are hoping to make a return trip before summer is over since it's a nice, cool place to go with Hunter as well. Holden asks on a weekly basis: "When can we go to the other Discovery Museum with the dolphins and penguins?" He thinks all museums are a version of our local Discovery Museum. Here are some pics of him in the kids' penguin area. He had so much fun playing there!

There were so many cool exhibits!


There are a lot of hands-on spots perfect for an (at the time!) almost 3 year old to explore. He still talks about the submarine.

The Spongebob 3D movie was another highlight. I think he looks so cute in the giant glasses! He had to keep pushing them up to stay on his little nose.

Exploring an Arctic cave

Finally, I discreetly snapped a shot of this lady heading into the museum as we were leaving. She looked to be around my age if you could see her face, and NO, it definitely was NOT Halloween! I thought it was hilarious! She reminds me of Little Bo Peep. Sorry if she happens to be some one's friend or relative out there in cyberspace! Ha!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: