Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 4th

I am still mourning the probable loss of literally 100's of Fourth of July pictures. :( I had cute ones of the boys together in their patriotic outfits, family pics, the neighborhood parade, the fireworks, and lots of Baby Hunter since it was his first July 4th. I am thankful for these few that I had taken on my phone so that I at least have some for memories.
The night before, Holden helped me decorate his little motorcycle for the nieghborhood parade. He was so excited to ride it in the parade! He especially loved the pinwheels on the back because they remind him of a motor when they turn. We have yet to take his decorations off of the bike because he just loves them. This was the first year he rode on his own and wasn't in a stroller or wagon, although he pooped out about halfway through and got some assistance from Papa and Pepaw. ;) The lovely sore under his lip is from an unfortunate encounter with a toy metal truck.

Little Hunter in his "Born in the USA" onesie and souped up stroller. He never actually made it to the parade because he was tired and crabby by that point, and it was soooo HOT! He would have been miserable. Memaw offered to stay home with him so the rest of us could enjoy the parade. She had already taken Holden out to the Yogi Bear Campground that morning, where her sister, Teresa, had her camper set up. Holden had a blast there in the pool and got to see Yogi on the hayrack ride. I think Memaw was ready to sit in the air conditioning for awhile! ;)

In the evening, we had a cookout at our house with lots of yummy food. My parents and Jay's parents joined us. Then Holden, Jay and I went to the ISU golf course to watch the fireworks. Memaw stayed with Hunter again; too hot and way past his bedtime! Next year I am sure he will enjoy them. Holden had fun doing sparklers while we waited for the fireworks to start.

Patriotic cheesecake that I made. It was yummy!!! And easy. If you know me, I am no Betty Crocker. :)

Finally, these were taken the day before the 4th. Hunter had two patriotic outfits, so he wore red, white, and blue all weekend. We had a little photo shoot while Holden was napping because Hunter was in such a great mood. :) I could just eat him up!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Cute pictures...sorry you lost so many! Your patriotic cheesecake looked yummy. :)

The Stille's said...

sounds like you guys had a good
4th cute pictures.