Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy birthday, Grammy!

My mom's birthday was on the 15th. I think she looks amazing at 54! On the 14th, she and I went to visit my Granny in nearby Eureka, and do lunch and shopping on Washington Square. This was one of my first times leaving the boys with Jay all day; good trial run for him before I go back to teaching in the fall! They all survived, other than a swollen eye for Holden, courtesy of a run-in with the baby carrier. :)
We love this little restaurant that is in the old bank. Such yummy food!



We went back to Granny's for one of her delicious homemade cakes, and iced tea.



Happy birthday to you...




On Mom's actual birthday, the 15th, we went to Chili's. Our waiter was awesome when I asked him to take our picture...he climbed up in the booth across the way to get the perfect shot. (This was when we first arrived; BEFORE Hunter decided he was bored with watching us eat.) :) I love how the guys all have blue, and Mom and I have pink. It was not planned.





After dinner, we went back to Grammy and Papa's house for cake and ice cream. Holden was a big help blowing out the candles. (Even before Grammy was ready.) :)


Eric went in with Jay and me to get Mom (and Dad) tickets to the Beach Boys! They are coming to Bloomington in August. She was surprised and excited!


Holden ate both the cake Dad had bought, the leftovers from Great Granny's cake, (below), and also some ice cream. Picky he may be, but not when it comes to desserts or anything NOT good for him. :)

Finally, just some pictures of the boys with their Grammy and Papa. Mom helped Holden set up his train, Papa busted out the "old school" Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads, and then there were some shenanigans with the streamers. All in all, it was a good evening. We enjoyed celebrating with you, Grammy!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: