Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Love

I know all Mommies love their babies. But seriously, I cannot get enough of mine! LOVE HIM! I feel like his babyhood is just flying by me, because he is my second baby and I am busier, and have to distribute my time, and I know how quickly it will go this time around. My special firstborn baby is already potty trained, sleeping in a big boy bed, and getting ready to head to preschool. For all the days that I lament about blowouts and puke, crying jags, skipped naps, baby food on my clothes, lack of sleep, etc, I wouldn't trade this very short, precious time for anything. I think I am feeling extra sappy right now because I head back to school on Monday. My only summer with Hunter as a baby is now over. Makes me sad! But happy at the same time that he is growing and thriving and becoming a little person.
Love this little guy!

Hunter is almost 5 months old! Crazy! He continues to be big and incredibly LONG! At 4 mos. he weighed 17.5 lbs and was 27.6 inches long...Jay and I both think that now he feels as heavy as our peanut, Holden, did at 1 year, and he's just about the same length! I love the rolls on his thighs, his chubby cheeks, and his long fingers, toes, and eyelashes! I love that he gives me a huge grin every morning when I walk into his room to get him up. I love his squeals and screeches as he has most definately found his voice! I love that his hand is in his mouth over 90 percent of each day, and that he can manage to smile around it. I love that he rolls and cranes his neck to see me when he hears my voice. I love that his peach fuzz brown hair sticks stright up on the top of his head, and is forming a "V" down his forehead now. I love that he grabs his toes now. I love that he laughs out loud. Did I mention the word, "Love?"

My happy guy. He is getting to such a fun age, where he is easily entertained, loves interaction, and really only cries if he is hungry or tired.

There is an extreme lack of pictures of my baby and me due to the fact that I am the family photographer. I decided to remedy that the other day with some assistance from the mirror by our front door. Hunter played along nicely.

Holden is such a good big brother, and Hunter adores him! Holden makes him laugh more than anyone else, bar none. I love that he talks to him and explains things to him like can understand them. In this picture, he was clapping and cheering Hunter on because he was holding his toy book in his lap. Never mind that I set it there, and that he picked it up for one second with his little hands and then dropped it back in his lap; that was cause for celebration in Holden's eyes! :)

I am so happy that he loves the swing so much. Holden wasn't a big fan and we hardly got any use out of it the first time around. Hunter will chill in it for long periods of time, watching the animals twirl above him and grinning at us when we walk by.

I know I'm his Mommy and therefore of course think he is the most precious thing ever. But really, isn't he the most precious thing ever? :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

I agree, Katie, he is so dang cute!!

The Stille's said...

it goes so fast.....he is so cute